When the walk is over....Post your results here!!!

Connect with Promise Walk coordinators and volunteers to share ideas, ask questions, and learn how to host or participate in a Walk in your area!

Re : When the walk is over....Post your results here!!!

Postby lors63 » Fri May 20, 2005 02:18 pm

Greetings Ladies, I rarely post but wanted to come and see how wonderful you all did on your walks! Congrats!

Well my walk in Seabrook Texas was small but my heart was big and full of joy and tears that I FINALLY could do something about what happened to me.....

I will do it again every year~ no matter where I live~ for the rest of my life Lord willing.

We passed out so much stuff and no one came but friends from my playgroup that I formed in Jan of this year as I have only been in Texas 2 years this August. But I was still certain that my walk of 9 could make a difference.
(The yearly Greek Festival and the Rowing Clubs event kinda took over the park area.)

I raised a total of $ 840 dollars. One friend raised $90 of that with her family walkers and a friend. So my personal was $740. I thought to myself if each person (of our 9,this includes me and my hubby, so thats 8 got 740 that would have been $5920! more on top of my 740$.

I got a late start and was sick off and on, both sons had rotovirus,one week after the other one,my dryer vent was broke(clogged) during this time and I cloth diaper both kids , along with all the sheets and towels we used due to the rrotovirus,
Husband was out of town twice , and I have an Autistic son(the Pre Ecl one) so I could only go out when he was at school (8-11) with my younger (19 month old). But I did what I could do. No excuses next year!

But next year my personal goal will again be $5000 and we will see who joins me here in Seabrook,Texas, any volunteers? :)

You all did wonderful jobs and I hope my WAT can be like some of yours next year. HUGS and BLESSINGS to all of you,

Lorraine Inman
Pre Ecl/HELLP Survivor~12/20/01~
NO PRE ECL the second time! 10/01/03 second son born

Here are my pictures of our walk if you wish to look~
http://www.snapfish.com/share/p=116201116621308616/l=48676136/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALB
lors63

Re : When the walk is over....Post your results here!!!

Postby browncow » Fri Jun 03, 2005 08:26 am

I planned to participate in the Tampa walk-a-thon but couldn't even stand upright on event day! I plotted out the entire weekend: my birthday on May 6, the walk-a-thon on the 7th, and Mother's Day on the 8th.

Alas, my sciatica chose a most inappropriate weekend to render me walkless. [:(!]

Here I am a month later and finally able to stand straight without looking like a human S or hunchback! Anyone wanna walk now? [:p] Perhaps I can hold out until the next one!

I was quite pleased to read of the Toledo, Ohio, results; I was born in Toledo and my birthmother and brothers live in that area. I'd mentioned the walk-a-thon and this website to them and while they didn't participate, all have taken an interest in learning about preeclampsia and HELLP Syndrome.

When I found my birthmother in 2002, we discussed medical backgrounds and I was amazed at the similarities between my problematic pregnancy and those of her mother. My daughter was born at 29 weeks per full blown eclampsia and HELLP and her pregnancies were:

*my birth mother, oldest and born healthy
*boy born at seven months, Down's Syndrome, lived 11 days
*miscarriage at seven months attributed to "some form of toxemia"
*miscarriage at six months, again attributed to "some form of toxemia"
*boy born at seven months, undiagnosed PKU leads to mental retardation, death in 1998 at age 42
*girl born at six and 1/2 months, blind per retinopathy of prematurity, seven months in hospital (she is now an accountant for Discover Card and lives independently in Columbus)
*doctor ordered termination at seven months per, you guessed it, "some form of toxemia."

And yet another reason why all adoptees deserve potentially life saving medical backgrounds from their birth families, but that's a whole other topic...

Have a great day, ladies! [:D]
browncow

Previous

Return to The Promise Walk for Preeclampsia