Pennsylvania's WAT

Connect with Promise Walk coordinators and volunteers to share ideas, ask questions, and learn how to host or participate in a Walk in your area!

Pennsylvania's WAT

Postby jephillips » Wed May 11, 2005 09:27 am

I wanted to take a second to let everyone know what a great job Joanne Woern did coordinating the Walk-A-Thon for Horsham, Pennsylvania. Although Joanne and I work together, I consider her a good friend because she cared enough about me while I was pregnant to make me aware of Preeclampsia. She was the first one to tell me that I may have Preeclampsia - I didn't even know what it was. Joanne hunted me down in the hospital when I finally delivered the baby to make sure that I was OK, and that my doctors were taking care of me. That is the kind of person Joanne is - she truly cares. You can see it in the way she organized the event. She did an excellent job of getting awareness out in the community by gathering local companies sponsorship and gifts. Even during the Walk, people in the park were asking questions and supporting the cause. There was a good turn out of families and friends of those directly and indirectly associated with Preeclampsia. I definitely nominate Joanne to Coordinate the event again! She did a phenomenal job!

Jeanne
DH - Darren
DS - Nathan Patrick, PE
jephillips

Re : Pennsylvania's WAT

Postby jillmushet » Wed May 11, 2005 10:13 am

Dear Jeanne:

Your hospital experience with Joanne is an ispiration to us all. So glad you are well after your pe experience.

The awarenss raised at the PA walk is fantastic!

Jill
Claire, 34wks, 3lbs 3ozs
3/3/00, PE & HELLP
jillmushet

Return to The Promise Walk for Preeclampsia