Fertility monitors?

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Fertility monitors?

Postby sandy » Wed Jun 02, 2004 08:03 am

Hi,
I'm considering purchasing a fertility monitor because I'm ovulating at unpredictible times, apparently. (Last time it wasn't for a few months, this most recent time was around Day 24 I think).

Want to narrow it down to try to catch an egg next month before getting exhausted thinking "any day now" for 3 weeks straight.

Any opinions on the "saliva" ones (~$20) and/or the other ones (~$100)?

~Sandy/DD born via emergency C at 35 wks/1 day June '03 due to Severe PE/class III HELLP

Risk factors: HBP/asthma/high cholesterol

currently TTC for #2
sandy

Re : Fertility monitors?

Postby josiah1112 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:14 am

Hi Sandy,

I stumbled upon www.tryingtoconceive.com.
It shows a couple of TTC products that you may want
to check out. It's very interesting.

Gloria mom to Josiah 11/12/03- 12/4/03 @ 26wks pre e
Moderator- Foro Latino
Future Adoptive Mom
josiah1112

Postby angelkat » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:38 am

I never had any luck with OPK and really gave alot of thought to the clear plan monitor. You can get them on e-bay now. I have heard great things about them. For me, I would have an transvaginal ultrasound done to see what size my follices were.

Let us know what you decide to try

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(13)PE 37 wks
Ky (11)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey Looking at Aug
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/lifestory.cfm?Archive_ID=10971&Directory=/Archives/MountHope&Sort=V
angelkat

Postby sandy » Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:09 am

Thanks, both of you. [:)] angelKat; this "trying to catch an egg" is all new to me because our DD was conceived so easily.

What would it tell me if I found out what size my follices are...and what are "follices"...and at what time in my monthly cycle could it be best for the procedure be done?

~Sandy/DD born via emergency C at 35 wks/1 day June '03 due to Severe PE/class III HELLP

Risk factors: HBP/asthma/high cholesterol

currently TTC for #2
sandy

Postby bmleziva » Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:20 am

I had mixed results with the OPK. They only seemed to work if I had an idea of when I was going to ovulate. Otherwise I wasted a lot of money trying to guess. The thing that worked best for me was charting my cycles and paying attention to my basil temps. Which I did not buy the basil thermometer for. I used a regular one and it worked fine. I also read "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" and used the following website after a friend suggested it.
www.fertilityfriend.com
This website not only has great tips on charting and offers a service (free for 30 days) but also a great forum for support.

Best of luck!! Who knew trying to have a baby could be so much work!!

Bobbie Jo
Brayden 1-10-02 (37 wks PE)
EDD #2 8-23-04 (39 wk scheduled c-s)
bmleziva

Postby taras mom » Wed Jun 02, 2004 06:05 pm

The beauty of the ovulation scope (saliva test) is that you can use it as often as you want for no extra cost. Temperature charting and pee sticks have been useless for me, but I do get ferns on the scope.

Carol (38)
DH Bill (40)
Tara Mairichi
12/7-12/9, 2002
The Mightiest Little Angel
taras mom

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia