Post Reply FAQ Members Login

OK, maybe I'm obsessing too!

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

OK, maybe I'm obsessing too!

Postby steelsword328 » Mon May 24, 2004 04:31 pm

If I don't get pg this month, I will buy an ovulation predictor kit...cause I don't have a clue when or if I ovulated this month. my periods range from 25-28 days. On Friday--day 9 of my cycle-I thought I had some-not much- eggwhite consistency CM. So we did the deed that day--and again on Sunday. Well now today I think I had a very little bit of the same CM as I did on Friday--I don't want to wear my poor dh out!![:D]. What is going on? If I did indeed ovulate on Friday or Sat. and I have another 25-28 day cycle, that means my luteal phase (days past ovulation) is long. I can't stand this not knowing. If I knew for sure I was ovulating, then I dont' think I would obsess so much. But not knowing makes it hard to know when you should have sex. Don't get me wrong--sex is good[:D], but it can become more like a chore than fun sometimes. It took us a year to get pg with Alyssa and it was getting that way the last few months. I guess I should probably get the TCOYF book--that would probably help me some.
I'm just rambling now-but if anyone has any thoughts let me know!
TIA

Renee mom to Alyssa-26wkr-1lb 4oz.-severe PE-now a happy and healthy 2 year old!
TTC#2!!!!
steelsword328

Re : OK, maybe I'm obsessing too!

Postby sandy » Mon May 24, 2004 04:43 pm

Hi Renee,
Sorry to hear you're obsessing (like the rest of us in one way or another!). If you haven't tried charting, you could do that...I started charting because I went about 3 months without having a period (after getting off of birth control pills) and I wanted to know what the heck was going on.

Since I started charting, I have so much more clarity and understanding about what is going on each month. So you may want to get a BBT thermometer and try charting. And, yes, TCOYF helped me understand some things, too.

Keep us posted. Since we are TTC, It's nice to be in similar circumstances with you all here!

~Sandy/DD born via emergency C at 35 wks/1 day June '03 due to Severe PE/class III HELLP

Risk factors: HBP/asthma/high cholesterol

currently TTC for #2
sandy

Postby julie f » Mon May 24, 2004 04:50 pm

Renee,

Hang in there!

I would definitely recommend TCOYF, it is super informative. Even if you don't want to buy it, if you just go to Borders and grab a cup of coffee - you'd be amazed at how much you learn just by reading one chapter (there are 4 devoted to Pregnancy Achievement).

Without getting too gross here... I think semen and egg-white cervical mucus are hard to distinguish from eachother. Meaning that I wonder if it's a possibility that today was "residual semen" from yesterday? (By the way, "residual semen" is not my term [:o)]... I took it from TCOYF) On the other hand, it could be that Friday wasn't your last day of eggwhite cervical mucus. In which case - lucky you because I believe that the more days of EWCM, the more opportunities you have to become pg in a given month![:D]

I agree, it can become a chore. I was a little unsympathetic to my DH this month, poor guy will probably stay far away from me for the next 2 weeks...!

Good luck, I hope this is the last month you even need to worry about CM!

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Praying for a miracle... TTC #2 is a go!

Southern California Coordinator
julie f

Postby laura » Mon May 24, 2004 06:10 pm

Oh I know the procreation fatigue all too well. I have irregular cycles so there was about two weeks every cycle when we were on the 'every other day' rotation trying to find when I ovulated.. I think it was procreation fatigue that finally motivated me to go in to the doc..When I first did the infertility consult I told the doctor that I was just plain sick of having sex- she looked at me like I was nuts-- but please, a couple of years worth of procreation sex would be too much for anyone to deal with.

Also waaay wayy more informatio than I'm comfortable giving, but I always had a hard time telling the difference between eggwhite CM and (sorry!) lubricative secretions that came when I got-- frisky. Ahem. So I limited checking it unless I had just had a shower. It narrowed things down a bit-- and gave us a frickin break for once!

Laura
Moderator/AK Coordinator

Mom to Alicia (severe PE) 5/98 and Camille (htn, oligo) 4/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/c/camilleandallie/
laura

Postby steelsword328 » Mon May 24, 2004 06:24 pm

Thanks for everyone's responses! It is really nice to have this board, because I think alot of folks would think we were crazy if we brought up these questions on some of the other forums! :)! I mean-come on- CM--that's getting personal! hehe! But, I sure appreciate having somewhere I can come to ask these questions!
I told myself I wasn't going to obsess about getting pg this time-but looks like the control freak in me has come out! I just wish I knew if I o'd. I really don't want to have to chart again--it was a pain last time. But, that may be the only way to figure out what's going on.
Thanks again!--until tomorrow-when I come up with another question! hehe!

Renee mom to Alyssa-26wkr-1lb 4oz.-severe PE-now a happy and healthy 2 year old!
TTC#2!!!!
steelsword328

Postby angelkat » Mon May 24, 2004 07:48 pm

Renee,

I am the total control freak when it came to TTC. I have tried every brand of OPK and NEVER once had a ++ on them (Maybe I did and just couldn't read it LOL). It was a chore to have sex everyother day during "the right time". I could never get the hang of charting (just couldn't stick a thermo in my mouth first thing).

I have tried all the ticks that they have even ones that are made for period control (I once read you could use it to keep sperm in the area longer and it worked for a friend) Yep, I did it. I did TONS of things and heck, I am not proud of all to drive myself NUTS and I would most likly do it again if I had to...

Hang in there.... It will happen Hopefully SOON!!!!

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(13)PE 37 wks
Ky (11)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey Looking at Aug
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/lifestory.cfm?Archive_ID=10971&Directory=/Archives/MountHope&Sort=V
angelkat

Postby alimarie » Tue May 25, 2004 01:58 pm

Hey guys,

I am loving this new forum where we can come right out and say it all! I tried the ovulation predictor sticks this month and unfortunately, they must now have worked or we didn't hit it at the right time bc I started yesterday. It is a sad day here for me!

AliMarie---mommy to Madalyn Anne-born at 35 wks due to severe pe (9/18/2001 4lbs. 14oz.)
alimarie

Postby angelkat » Tue May 25, 2004 05:02 pm

Hang in there!! Hopefully you will have better luck next cycle!!
Sending you HUGE HUGS

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(13)PE 37 wks
Ky (11)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey Looking at Aug
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/lifestory.cfm?Archive_ID=10971&Directory=/Archives/MountHope&Sort=V
angelkat

Postby natan » Tue May 25, 2004 10:23 pm

Hey, I think part of the frustration comes from spending too much time in the bathroom. Testing, probing, waiting for results and coming out confused about what to do now. I swear, I probably grabbed the wrong test by accident one time b/c I had to pee so badly in the morning. I am sure my temp went up because of that.

Charting does kill the romance when it becomes a chore for both of you. My SIL is 42 had one child at 35 ish and was not able to conceive the second time. I think they tried for 5 years. Spent thousands of $$$$ on fertility drugs. I am sure she had miscarriage(at some point) but she would not admit it. Then, decided to adopt. Now they are so happy with their little boy from China. My point is , well things will turn around eventually and it will happen soon.
Don't give up and if you do, it is ok too.

I hope this helps somebody,
Deborah 35
DH 34
Natan almost 3 years(preeclampsia @ 31wks, gesational diabetes 01)
???(due January 23rd, 2005)
natan

Postby for faith » Wed May 26, 2004 03:23 pm

Good luck! I used OPK with all my pregnancies and they worked great for me. With my last my charting confirmed the + OPK. I will definately be using them again. Having charted does help when to use them. My cycles are like 35 days, so my O is later than most. Good luck, I know how it becomes like a chore sometimes.

Jill
mommy to:
Tyler - 4 (36 wks, PIH)
Angel baby - 1/20/03 (11 wks)
Faith Kristine - 1/5/04-1/30/04 (30 weeks due to severe preeclampsia, passed due to NEC & Sepsis(preemie complications))
for faith

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia