New Here...

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
laura

Re : New Here...

Postby laura » Sun Feb 22, 2004 09:12 pm

Howdy, Pugmommy!
Hope this pg goes nice and smoothly and is downright boring- sounds like your first two had enough drama for several pregnancies!
Please let us know how you're doing!

Laura
Moderator/AK Coordinator

Mom to Alicia (severe PE) 5/98 and Camille (htn, oligo) 4/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/c/camilleandallie/

sandy

Re : New Here...

Postby sandy » Sun Feb 22, 2004 08:37 pm

Welcome! I'm new to the site too (in the last month), and I have found it to be very helpful,too. The people here seem friendly and supportive. So far, it sounds like you're doing alright with this pregnancy, but I do hear 'ya...especially since you said with your first it all came on so quickly. So far...so good. Keep us posted!
Sandy.

~Sandy/DD born via emergency C at 35 wks. June '03 due to Severe PE/chronic HBP/asthma

pugmommy7

New Here...

Postby pugmommy7 » Sun Feb 22, 2004 08:14 pm

Hi,
I am new to the site and am finding it extremely helpful,in this my second pregnancy.
I have posted in another area (here) and already recieved some great support.
I am currently 22 weeks along with my second daughter, due June 24,2004.

I gave birth to my 13 month old baby,Bella at 33 and 5/7 months G/A.
Jan.2,2003.
She weighed 3.6,but was fiesty and strong, and was able to come home with us after 22 days. We know how truly lucky we are.

I started with the PIH a/32 weeks,w/ pressures of like, 164/104.
It continued for about 6 weeks after delivery, and eventually settled down.

I was treated with Aldomet and Procardia. I think it was the faster acting Aldomet that actually helped, but by that time my platelets were dropping and my liver was throwing off some crazy stuff. Protien was becoming more prevailent by that point as well.

My pih and pre-e was very quickly progressing. It all happened in a whirlwind of a week and a half.

Anyhow, I am concerned about this pregnancy, although, I feel great physically,and am trying to stay postive.

Hope to find out as much as I can that can benefit me this go round.

Forgive me,in advance for my poor spelling...What I call "placenta-brain".[:p]

Return to “Pregnant Again?”