Rome NY Walkathon

Connect with Promise Walk coordinators and volunteers to share ideas, ask questions, and learn how to host or participate in a Walk in your area!

Rome NY Walkathon

Postby celticepona » Tue Feb 21, 2006 08:49 pm

Hello all, Deanna was kind enough to post this in the NY section, and I am reposting it's the deal with me...

This year has been hectic for me with going to grad school full time, student teaching every day, and also with being involved with fundraisers last fall for my best friend with cancer...I am waayyyyy behind in getting the PF walkathon going in my area. I have contacted Deanna and Jamie for some help...right now I am the only person working on this, and am completely clueless as to how to organize a walkathon. Is there anyone in the central NY area that can lend a hand? I feel like I have let everyone down...that is something that I did not want to happen but I feel way over my head right now. I would appreciate any assistance. Here is Deanna's post below:

Hello New Yorkers! We'd like to get a walkathon going for this year, but aren't really sure if it's going to happen at this point. It's kind of up in the air right now. I'm hoping to find some more members who might be interested in helping Amy and I out to organize this. (I know there are some of you who live around her area, so that would be great!) If anyone might be interested in helping out, please let me know as soon as you can. I fear that we may already be too far behind on getting this going.

Deanna Smith-Powers (31)
Tom (30)

Mommy to Thomas James, b.2/10/04 @ 34 weeks due to severe pre-e and HELLP syndrome
Diagnosed with prothrombin genetic mutations-12/28/04

Return to “The Promise Walk for Preeclampsia”