Post Reply FAQ Members Login

scared due to surprise pg after only 4 mon!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

scared due to surprise pg after only 4 mon!

Postby frasiah » Mon Oct 27, 2003 04:42 pm

by frasiah (1074 Posts), Mon Oct 27, 2003 04:42 pm

Hi ladies... You will never believe it... but we suspect we are pregnanct again. This is a real surprise because as you can see, Victoria is barely 4 months!!! My blood pressure has refused to come down, my weight is way over there and I am to put it mildly terrified. I will know by the end of this week if indeed I am pg. I do not even know what to think or say... except cry really hard!! Has anything like this ever happened to any of you?

Thank you

Frasiah 27
darling hubby 33
Victoria 7/3/03 29 wks due to sev p-e
frasiah
Forum Moderator

Re : scared due to surprise pg after only 4 mon!

Postby erin2003 » Tue Oct 28, 2003 05:32 am

by erin2003 (40 Posts), Tue Oct 28, 2003 05:32 am

Hi,

When we lost our DS in January we decided to TTC asap. We officially started TTC in April and were successful that month! My bp did lower soon after Jack's birth and I was able to reach my pre-pregnancy weight(due to stress). So we had 3 months between Jack's birth and our current pregnancy.

It has been a mental rollercoaster considering the "unknown". My best advice if you are right and are expecting is to find the best Peri in your area(if you don't already have one). Find out what his/her views are to Pre-E and what approach they will have to your current pregnancy.

Take care

Erin[:)]

Me 27 DH 28
^|^ Jackson Andrew Jan 21-25, 2003
Born at 27w5d due to Pre-E, HELLP
OMGoodness! It's a Girl! EDD Jan 6/04
C-section scheduled Dec 31/03
www.babiesonline.com/babies/p/polkie
erin2003

Postby frasiah » Tue Oct 28, 2003 05:45 am

by frasiah (1074 Posts), Tue Oct 28, 2003 05:45 am

Thank you Erin for the encouraging words. The irony is that about a month ago, I had posted a question on how soon one should consider another baby? Anyway, I am about six days late but will wait until this Friday to do a test. I was telling hubby that I do not know how we are going to explain this to the dr. I went to your webpage and it seems that so far, you and baby are doing very well. I hope that you continue in the same way...

Once I know for sure, I will schedule an appointment with my OB who is very good and quite conservertive on such issues, never takes a chance. They also have some specialitsts at the hospital who he referred me to on occassion during the previous prgenancy. I would imagine that he would work with them closely. Anyway, let me not count my chicks before they hatch, and wait...

Be very blessed, Erin, you, your baby and husband.

Frasiah 27
darling hubby 33
frasiah
Forum Moderator

Postby paljane8 » Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:51 am

by paljane8 (1416 Posts), Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:51 am

Frasiah,

My oldest two are 14 months apart. I am sure you can imagine my shock at realizing that I was expecting number 2! If the test is positive just know that from our experience it has been wonderful to have 2 so close-they really take care of each other. Granted, the 1st year of number 2's life is a blur! But, really, we could not have planned it any better.

I know that having high bp makes this a frightening possibility. I wish you the very best. Let us know what happens on Fri.

Nancy-35
dh-34
ds-8yrs
dd-almost 7yrs
Scott-born 05-14-99 @38 weeks-PE
Janie-born 05-12-03 @37 weeks-PIH, small for gestational age (oligo and low blood flow)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/4/4lbs/
paljane8

Postby frasiah » Thu Oct 30, 2003 08:26 am

by frasiah (1074 Posts), Thu Oct 30, 2003 08:26 am

Good news... I am not pregnant after all. I could not wait until Friday so I did the test last night and it came negative. I still do not have my period but I imagine my body is still trying to adjust. It is a scary time because one could get pregnant and not even know it. Being that I have already had one period since the baby, I am reluctant to start the pill until I actually have another one. Anyway, now I am in the wait and see game.

Thank you to all of you who were concerned.

Frasiah 27
darling hubby 33
frasiah
Forum Moderator

Return to Pregnant Again?