Still here... (31 week update)

Are you worried about your partners pregnancy? Has your partner already had preeclampsia? Do you have advice for other dads who could be going through similar experiences as yourself? Post here!
frasiah
Forum Moderator

Re : Still here... (31 week update)

Postby frasiah » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:17 am

Hi there, sorry about the rising protein levels. While my rising BPs would be very well controlled (at least for a few weeks) by medicine (I took verapamil), my protein levels continued to rise steadly. I am not sure about the physiology of all this and hopefully somebody will chime in soon and let us know. My dr did tell me this is possible and I started having other problems too with the rise in protein like constant headaches, vision problems, etc. At that point, the dr said that even though my BP was not unusally high for me, it was time to deliver.

anathor21

Still here... (31 week update)

Postby anathor21 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:44 am

Had our weekly appt today...

Lab results showed that 24h has just crossed over 400 - not very encouraging. BP over the last week (home and at dr office) has actually been rather good - well below the 140/90 line.

Not sure what to make of the "rising protein, ok/lower BP", but the OB (filling in while our regular OB is on vacation) basically said it is possible that BP can remain "high normal" and PE can progress anyway (I welcome input from anyone who had this experience as it just seems odd to me).

DW has reported less movement over the last few days so we discussed this with OB so ended up doing an NST which was fine once he decided to wake up, heh. We'll be going in for these 2x a week now so guess we'll get used to it. We also will begin doing kick counts at home... not sure how we'll manage to find a consistent time to do them though with the weird schedules...

Doing another 24h tomorrow, more blood on Fri and then see what results come in and go from there...

So, here we wait :) but waiting is good - more time we wait the longer he grows - next week we have U/S scheduled so we'll see if he is still tracking as well as before. We can now say we've crossed over the Isabel line [:)] - medically meaningless perhaps, but emotionally significant milestone.

Return to “Dads”