Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Update:Dr. Appt. clear of PE symptoms

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Update:Dr. Appt. clear of PE symptoms

Postby buffy » Thu Nov 20, 2003 09:17 am

FOr some strange reason my appointment yesterday seemd to have cleared me of the PE worries that I was having.I am very greatful for this and I thank God that they seemed to have gone away. My BP was 128/77 (AWESOME!), my swelling was minimal (although my hands are now swelling slightly), weight gain was 3 lbs in two weeks, no more traces of anything in my urine, and that is that. They said that the baby is head down but hasn't dropped yet, just growing and pressing, and alhtough I haven't completely lost my mucus plug it seems to be getting ready to but we are not dialated quite yet. So at 36wks 3days I pray that God continues to bless us. Thanks to all who helped me become aware of the warning signs of PE and hopefully I won't have to be alerted by them again.
Special thanks to Laura-keep up the sound advice!
-Buffy
buffy

Re : Update:Dr. Appt. clear of PE symptoms

Postby laura » Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:25 am

Thank goodness, Buffy! I'm so glad to hear that you're better!

You know us preeclampsia zealot types, though, we don't rest entirely easy until you're safely delivered of that baby. (hey- that's what we're here for![;)]) I think many women will develop their PE at term, so keep up the good work, and still keep your eyes peeled for any emerging symptoms, just in case. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you remain nice and healthy as you are now[:D]

Laura-28
DH Jack-30
Allie 5-13-98 (35 weeks-pre-e)
Baby Camille 4-17-03 (36 weeks- htn and oligo)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/c/camilleandallie/
laura

Postby sweetiesuzy » Thu Nov 20, 2003 03:15 pm

I'll chime in with Laura - make sure to listen to your body at this end of your pregancy. Any symptoms - call right away! You are so close now and really could be delivered safely if a problem does arrive... and that is wonderful news! So glad to see that everything looks good now! What a blessing!

Let us know what happens!

Wishing you all the best,
Suzanna

Suzanna (29)
John DH (28)

Aaryngston DS 3/25/95
Chloe DD Stillbirth 10/26/01
Samuel DS 12/30/02

sweetiesuzy

Postby buffy » Fri Nov 28, 2003 06:05 am

Well we went to the doctorr again on Wednesday and all seems to be going very well. My BP has seemed to stableize at about 1128/78 so they are not worried about that anymoe, and the "traces" of things in my urine have disappeared for some reason, Thank God. My weight gain has declined to 1.5 pounds a week. The doc said that although I was 37 wks 2 days I measured 39 wks, she also said that the pains I have been having under the left side of my ribcage is due to the 7.5 pounder that is in there right now. (I have a scar from pylenoric stenosis which they operated on when I was five weeks old on the right side under my rib cage so she is somewhat restricted to the left side) She also acted as if she thinks that I will go any day now, she said that althoughI am not dialated and the baby hasn't quite dropped yet I shouldn't rule out having the baby within the next few days and to take all the necisary precations. Thanks to all for the support in the few weeks that I did have pree scares and I wish you all a Merry Christmas.
Have a Blessed Day!
-Buffy 37wks 4 days
I'll let you know when Audrey comes into this world.
buffy

Postby erin2003 » Fri Nov 28, 2003 06:44 am

Buffy,

That is wonderful news! I can not wait to read of Audrey's arrival!

Erin[:)]

Me 27 DH 28
^|^ Jackson Andrew Jan 21-25, 2003
Born at 27w5d due to Pre-E, HELLP
OMGoodness! It's a Girl! EDD Jan 6/04
C-section scheduled Dec 31/03
www.babiesonline.com/babies/p/polkie
erin2003

Postby taras mom » Fri Nov 28, 2003 09:34 am

That's great to hear, Buffy! Keep us posted on your little Christmas bundle.

Carol (38)
DH Bill (40)
Tara Mairichi
12/7-12/9, 2002
The Mightiest Little Angel
taras mom

Postby buffy » Thu Dec 04, 2003 08:20 am

Again things are looking great!!! OB visit went awesome, they said last week that it could be any time now and again this week. I know this might be weird me posting now even though I don't have pree but I don't know where else to ask and all you ladies are so wonderful so I will just stick with what I know. After my visit things seemed find, of course within a few hours I had spotting. Then I went to Chruch and for about 2.5 hoursI had consistant contractions that were 10 minutes apart. We went to the mall to walk and they continued, when we went home they were still going every ten minutes, but they were in no way painful, just alot of pressure. So i went to bed, thinking that if they got serious they would just wake me up. Nothing. This moring I got up and have had about 10, that I know of, this morning, again not painful in any way, but my ribs are now VERY tender and sore and my back hurts. I am confused about these signals. could it just have been false labor, I didn't loose my mucus plug or water so I know that we don't need to alrm the OB but I am confused whether I should continue waling alot and try to keep this activity going or if it will just continue on it's own if it is real. I'm just confused. They say that she is atleast 7.5 lbs right now so it is very safe and practical for her to come now and to be truthful I wouldn't mind so much. What do you ladies suggest?
Buffy
buffy

Postby sherry fisher » Thu Dec 04, 2003 08:47 am

Buffy,
WHen are you due?? I spotted with my second...and I was loosing my mucus plug! The more braxton hicks contractions you have..the more you dialate! I could bet ya, when you go back to the OB you will have dialated some!! [:D] My ribs hurt too and was short of breath the further along I got. My daughter rode right up there in the 'rib cage' the last couple of weeks! Lil' Stinker!!

Still yet...keep that eye out for the sypmtoms of PE, they can creep up on ya quickly!!

GOOD LUCK!

Sherry Fisher (28)
DH: Bill (35)
Proud Mama to:
#1) Alex 1/1/94-PE
#2) Abbie 12/17/97-PIH
#3 Will 08/03/02-PP PE
#4) EDD: 4/27/04
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/babyfish3/
sherry fisher

Return to Ask the Experienced