Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Severe headaches and spots over 2 months after

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Severe headaches and spots over 2 months after

Postby jabeau » Thu Oct 30, 2003 09:29 am

by jabeau (19 Posts), Thu Oct 30, 2003 09:29 am

My daughter had preeclampsia a few weeks before and it got worse after she went home a couple of days later and had to go back to the doctor. It took a bit for her blood pressure to ge back to normal but it did. Now after over 2 months after delivery she has had really severe headaches and seeing spots. She just left for the ER because no doctor could see her on such short notice and it was so bad. Her blood pressure was up to 140 over 78. Which doesnt seem high but for her which is normally around 110 over 58, it is a little high. Her boss didnt seem to think that it was very high and was more concerned about her taking off work than her health. She hasn't understood my daughter having to take off so much work to be on bedrest even though she saw how severely she was swelling and miserable she felt. Very unsympathatic. I just cant understand a woman not understanding this.Even if she doesnt have a clue about PE.

We are hoping that she is just having migranes but it worries me because she has been through such a tough time and now this. Anyone with any advice about this. I cant help but be concerned. Seems like I have worried so much about her in the last few months that maybe I am over reacting. Thanks.

Julie
jabeau

Re : Severe headaches and spots over 2 months after

Postby kim » Thu Oct 30, 2003 09:15 pm

by kim (555 Posts), Thu Oct 30, 2003 09:15 pm

Hi Julie,

I am a firm believer that preeclampsia can take a while to "work its way out" of the body. My pre-e also got worse after delivery, and at 11 months postpartum, I am finally starting to feel normal. Does your daughter have a good family physician or internal medicine doctor? Most ob/gyns don't know what to do with us after the first initial 6 weeks postpartum. I found a wonderful family doc that knew a lot about pre-e and said that it can take 5 years to completely recover. Since she is postpartum, docs probably won't worry about her unless her bp is over 140/90... Just depends on the doctor though.

I had the same seeing spots problem. I went to the eye doc and he said that once you see spots, you usually see them off and on forever, especially if you are nearsighted. Any eye doc can take a look and evaluate it.

Kim
Ainsley Kathryn 11/26/02-36 Weeks Preeclampsia
http://home.austin.rr.com/schwintz
kim

Postby laura » Fri Oct 31, 2003 08:50 am

by laura (5139 Posts), Fri Oct 31, 2003 08:50 am

is she feeling any better yet? let us know how she's doing!

Laura-28
DH Jack-30
Allie 5-13-98 (35 weeks-pre-e)
Baby Camille 4-17-03 (36 weeks- htn and oligo)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/c/camilleandallie/
laura

Postby jabeau » Fri Oct 31, 2003 09:37 pm

by jabeau (19 Posts), Fri Oct 31, 2003 09:37 pm

Thanks for the advise and concern. The ER said she was having migraines and prescibed some medicine when they got bad. Her blood pressure was a little high but not too much. She is doing better as of today but it just seems when we think she is back to normal she has another set back.
Thanks again for concern,Julie
jabeau

Return to Ask the Experienced