Need info for Premmie on Vent

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.

Re : Need info for Premmie on Vent

Postby april » Mon Jun 28, 2004 06:00 pm

Glad to hear that Parker is home and doing good. I hope that the Karo syrup helps. Can't wait to see some more recent pics of him.

april(24)
dh-billy(29)
dd-Natalie 3/10/04(pasted away after 1 hr.) induced labor at 23wks and 5 days due to severe PE/HELLP
april

Postby worriedhubby20 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 06:18 pm

Where does the time go!!!!! I ran around this weekend like a chicken with his head cut off. I did the yardwork, shampooed the carpets, mopped the kitchen and bathroom floors, did the laundry, but didn't get to wash the vehicles (RAIN). Oh well! I go pick up my 15 year old daughter in the a.m. This will be her first time seeing Parker. I can't wait!!!! Parker is doing pretty good, still on the constipated side, but the karo syrup works really good. It just doesn't seem to last. I think it only held him for a day, then back to being stopped up. Maybe his ped will change his formula when he sees her Thursday. I think he's getting a bit on the spoiled side as well. He won't let me sleep unless I've got him on my stomach, chest, or in my arms. I need to get in bed by 2:30 a.m., but it has become regular to get there around 3-5 a.m. Not enough beauty sleep. I don't care though. I've waited my whole life for him, so why not spoil him!!! More to come!!!!!!!

Rob, father of Parker, 30 weeks, 1 lb. 14 oz.
worriedhubby20

Postby lgw » Mon Jun 28, 2004 08:12 pm

Rob:
I've not responded to any of your posts, but I've been following Parker's progress. I'm so happy
Parker is doing so well. I love reading your posts b/c they are so enthusiastic, and you are
obviously overflowing w/ pride. Keep up the good work. Roll Tide.
lgw

Postby celticepona » Thu Jul 01, 2004 04:01 pm

bedtime snuggies don't seem to go away. Emmy sleeps next to me most nights, the only way I can get her to sleep through the night!!!! I love it...so enjoy the snuggies with your son!!!![;)]

DD Emily born 4-01-04 at 37 weeks due to severe PE/Eclampsia. Currently postpartum.
preeclampsic/hyperreflexic. On medication.

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/e/emilyfionaspage/
celticepona

Postby miss_doula » Fri Jul 02, 2004 04:58 pm

hi there,i agree parker sounds like a very strong name.think he will be pleased.
you are in our prayers and in our hearts.
good luck to all three of you.
miss_doula

Postby worriedhubby20 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 03:19 pm

Another long time in between posts. I'm going 200 mph, and don't know where I'm going. Parker keeps me busy from the time I get home until the time I leave to take him to his grandmother's or his aunt. I guess this week has been especially rough. I began training my replacement at work, had military duty this weekend, took care of the yard yesterday evening (6:00 p.m. til 9:00 p.m.), and now I'm starting over again.

The worst thing of all that could have happened may happen after all. I found out this weekend that I will probably be deployed in December or January. I was stunned at first, then felt a great loss knowing that I may miss my son's first Christmas, and first B-day. Then I began to worry about how my wife and child would be able to make it with me being gone. Who will make sure that the bills are paid, how will she be able to work and care for Parker, what will happen to our house, among the many other things. I thought about it very hard and realized that God blessed us with Parker and anything like this is more of a challenge just to see how much I appreciate what he did for me. What I'm trying to say is that I must have faith that everything will be just fine.

Parker is doing fantastic. Without having a scale, I would have to say that he is easily over the 7 lb. mark. He has started to enjoy his baths, just doesn't like the getting out part.[:D] We increased his 11 p.m. feeding and he slept through the 2 a.m. feeding for the 1st time last night. I know that I have been promising everyone to post some new pics on his web page, but things have been a little crazy lately. I will get them on there before the weekend gets here. More updates soon.

Rob, father of Parker, 30 weeks, 1 lb. 14 oz.
worriedhubby20

Postby maxs mom » Mon Jul 12, 2004 03:41 pm

Rob,
I haven't posted to you yet, but I have been reading from time to time. I am so sorry to hear about your deployment, I would have been devestated if that happened to us. Heck, i even worry about getting on a plane, but I am a whimp! Anyway, I hope things change and the deployment doesn't happen.

It sounds like you are doing a great job with Parker, keep up the good work!
Kara

Kara (34)
DH, John (36)
Max, 1/20/03, 25 wks, 534g. (IUGR), severe PE
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mightymax/
maxs mom

Postby celticepona » Wed Jul 14, 2004 04:15 pm

First of all, God bless you! My husband is in the NY Army National Guard, and I found out when Emmy was 3 weeks old that he was #2 on his list to get deployed to Iraq, but the only thing saving him from going was that his enlistment is running out in November...had he signed up for another three years he'd be there now. I was devestated. Anyway, I am sorry that you are being sent out. I can tell from a wife's perspecitve, that she will be fine, she will manage and take good care of Parker, (we women are remarkable creatures. [:D]) I know that the NY Guard puts a hold on mortgages and other bills when soldiers are deployed, does your unit do the same?
As a parent and a wife to a soldier, I cannot imagine the pain of beintg separated from my child for a long period of time, and the idea of my husband going off to war and not being there with me with our child...but, you all have shown us that you are all extraordinarily strong, your son is determined to do just fine, and he and your wife will be fine. God will help with the emotional stuff...[:I] Anyway, you are all in my thoughts and prayers...your son is blessed to have such a devoted dad, and he knows that too. Keep us updated.

DD Emily born 4-01-04 at 37 weeks due to severe PE/Eclampsia. Currently postpartum.
preeclampsic/hyperreflexic. On medication.

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/e/emilyfionaspage/
celticepona

Postby annes » Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:49 am

Sorry to hear about your deployment, it makes me sad. I am glad to hear the Parker is doing so well, isn't it amazing how they seem to thrive the minute they get home? All that snuggling with dad and mom is the best thing for them. I was watching my Parker standing up in his crib, holding on with one hand, and it is hard to believe how fast it has gone. One day they are a tiny little bundle and the next they are making you crazy getting into everything! I am sure that your wife will make do while you are gone, but I know she and Parker will be counting the days until you get back...

Anne
DH Richard
Parker 7/6/03(severe pe)33wks
annes
Forum Moderator

Postby hutced » Fri Jul 16, 2004 01:39 pm

celticepona,
Wow, well put!

Rob, as a reservist and the wife of a reservist that is one call I hope never comes to my home. I know you must be heartbroken at the thought of not being with your family and missing special moments in Parkers life. I wish I had some great words of wisdom that would make it all better but unfortunatly I don't, just know that you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers and I pray that the fighting will end and every soldier, sailor and airman will come home safe and sound. God Bless and thank you for keeping us all safe here at home

Denise
Emily 3-6-02 41 1/2wks, 7lbs15oz
Evan 10-21-03 35wks, 5lbs6oz, PIH/PE (placental abruption)http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/h/hutced/
hutced

PreviousNext

Return to Parents of Preemies