2006 PF Conference- registration details

2006 PF Conference- registration details

Postby fiona » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:52 am

And here we go....

Details of this year's annual conference below.

Pre-registration can be made here:

http://www.preeclampsia.org/pfConf2006preRegistrationForm.pdf

The Preeclampsia Foundation Leadership Training Conference
Moving the Preeclampsia Foundation from the Internet to Your Local Community

Indianapolis, IN
July 21 – 23

The Preeclampsia Foundation (PF) is planning an informational conference to be held in Indianapolis and will be hosted by the Indiana State Group members. The objective is to provide training and education to currently active members and to present volunteer opportunities to those members seeking to participate in the organization in a more direct way. The contribution of our member volunteers is highly valued as a means to provide preeclampsia education and awareness in local communities throughout the U.S. and Canada. We strongly encourage those that have an interest and a passion for communicating much needed education about preeclampsia to attend. The goal is to provide you with the information and tools that you will need to serve as a representative for the PF in your local community. Various volunteer opportunities exist that can be accommodated to your time availability, skills, background and interests.

Areas of learning will include:

• The medical basics of preeclampsia (theory, diagnostics, statistics, long-term impact, current research)
• Providing support services to women experiencing preeclampsia, preeclampsia survivors and those who have suffered a loss.
• Researching opportunities to provide preeclampsia education and awareness in your community
• Forming alliances with other organizations within your community that will assist in raising awareness, distributing education or providing support for local members
• Fundraising opportunities on the local and national level
• Understanding how to utilize the media

All interested in attending are asked to complete the attached pre-registration form and submit a non-refundable deposit of $25 no later than April 28th for early registration. The deposit will be applied towards the total registration fee of $100 or will be used as a donation in the case of an attendee cancellation. Late registrations received after April 28th will result in a $125 registration fee ($25 of which will be non-refundable in case of an attendee cancellation). If the conference is cancelled by the Preeclampsia Foundation, the total $25 deposit will be refunded. Scholarships are available on a limited basis for currently active volunteers. A formal program, logistical details, final payment information and hotel room rates will be provided via email as we approach the conference date.

"Volunteers are the lifeblood of this organization. Those who have been through the fire of preeclampsia have the passion and motivation to make a difference in their communities. This conference will give you the tools to be more effective in that quest."

- Eleni Tsigas, Preeclampsia Foundation President
fiona
Forum Moderator

Re : 2006 PF Conference- registration details

Postby anathor21 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 03:09 pm

Horay! I've been waiting for this info... now to figure out how to make it there :)
anathor21

Postby kdreher » Wed Apr 05, 2006 05:43 pm

This is great to know...I can pretty much guarantee I will be there. Hopefully flights will still be reasonable.
kdreher

Postby ileana » Wed Apr 05, 2006 05:54 pm

Please don't forget to preregister!

We need a minimum number of participants. If we don't have that number, the conference will be canceled and you will get your preregistration money back!
ileana

Postby akemt » Wed Apr 05, 2006 09:07 pm

It looks like I'll be travelling to OR for a wedding that is on the 22nd, so I won't be able to attend yet again!!! Argh. Unless you'd switch it to just before/after the 22nd? [:P] LOL

Do have fun without me, though! Wait...
akemt

Postby jamilyn » Wed Apr 05, 2006 09:13 pm

does anyone know any times for the conference. im trying to look at flight times and just want to know what time i would need to be there by and what time of flight to look at to come home. thanks
jamilyn

Postby carolh » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:01 pm

Hi Jamilyn -

The times haven't been nailed down yet but here is the basic train of thought so far:

Friday late afternoon arrival
Friday evening opening reception
Saturday all day conference sessions
Saturday evening event (to be planned)
Sunday conference sessions probably until 2pm/3pm-ish

Hope this helps!

Carol
carolh

Postby jamilyn » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:57 pm

Thank you that does help. Hopefully I'll be able to find some flights that fit in that schedule.! Hope to see you all in IN.
jamilyn

Postby timelessbeauty » Thu Apr 06, 2006 03:17 pm

I have also opened my house up to the scholarship application to be utilized as a place to stay for a member/family that might need it. I have pets so if anyone has allergies, we shall seek more bunk in options for allergy sufferers as well.

Another option is I am holding a garage sale in June to help differ some costs for those that will seek a scholarship to help pay possibly for their hotel bill as well. May not be a full bill payment but anything we can contribute towards that may help those contemplating coming! And trust me, I know how to net a GOOD amount from a garage sale! hehehe

Anyone in the nearby states, if you have items you would like to contribute to the sale, please email me and we can make arrangements for sending it to me or me picking it up sometime. (meet in the middle type idea??)

I am working to make this as affordable and informational as possible for all our members! Keep asking questions or stating concerns you might have about the conference as we shall consider all information we received to help us plan effectively to handle as many of the issues as we can responsibly and reasonably.
timelessbeauty

Postby mada » Thu Apr 06, 2006 04:40 pm

Sue,
I had a thought. Maybe if we block out rooms at a specific hotel (like weddings do) they will give us a discounted rate? If you give me a list of hotels in the area near the conference I can call. Also if it's cheaper for anyone to fly into O'hare, I can pick 'em up on the way as I will be driving from Chicago.....
mada

Next

Return to Conferences