New Member from the United Kingdom

Residents outside of USA and Canada

New Member from the United Kingdom

Postby traci_kb » Thu Nov 20, 2003 08:59 am

Hi,
I have just joined and I would love to talk to other people from the UK that have been affected by Pre-eclampsia or HELLP syndrome. I had it in August, 2002 at nearly 26 weeks and sadly my little one was just so small to survive. It happened extremely quick (3 hrs)
Thoughts about trying again.
If you would like to contact me you can on traci_beamish@hotmail.com

Thanks

Traci

Traci
traci_kb

Re : New Member from the United Kingdom

Postby catherine » Thu Nov 20, 2003 09:49 am

Hi Traci, welcome to the forum. I'm so very sorry for your loss.I guess I don't count really count because I'm a displaced Irish person, I live in Arkansas. However, I do know that "Joanne" lives in the UK. She is hugely pregnant right now so may not be in a position to post very regularly right now. I know she'd be happy to have a compatriot. You could try emailing her!!!

Catherine (37)
DH, Dave (40)
Finn (6)
Lucy (2)
Chloe (7/2/03)
catherine
Forum Moderator

Postby georgina » Fri Jan 23, 2004 06:17 am

hi traci, i am new to this site. i am from the uk and would like to chat to you, i am currently 8 weeks pregnant and scared!
georgina

Postby annegarrett » Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:44 am

I would also encourage you to contact APEC (Action on Pre-Eclampsia) our sister group based in the UK. They have a great organization and are real mentors to us in this process. You can find their links on our Link page. Go to the Home page, click on Links, and it should be there!

Good luck!!

Anne Garrett
Executive Director
Preeclampsia Foundation
annegarrett

Postby traci_kb » Fri Jan 30, 2004 09:26 am

Hi Georgina,
I would love to speak with you too. Congratulations on your pregnancy. We are currently trying again. I have tried to email you, but I think the eamil did not get to you. You can email me on traci_beamish@hotmail.com - hope to speak to you soon

Traci

Traci
traci_kb

Postby angie darby » Thu Feb 26, 2004 03:32 am

Hi I am new to this site and finding it such a help. I had pre eclampsia 5 years ago and my son was born at 29 weeks. He is now healthy and very much a lively five year old. Going through the dilema of should I have another. Would love to talk to someone in the UK.
angie darby

Postby kazbro » Fri Apr 09, 2004 01:55 am

hi i`m new to this site i`m from the uk and would love to chat to other expectant mums going through the same worrie as me.
feel free to e-mail me
kaz xx[:D]

kaz 38
sons:
jamie 1991 35w/hip
antony 1993 36w/pe
karl 1995 36w/pe
dean 1997 37w
6 angel babies sleeping
kazbro

Postby rivinafarouk » Sun Oct 24, 2004 05:59 pm

Hi there my name is Nina from Indonesia, I really need some information and advice.
I just delivered my baby last September 28, 2004 weight 2,2 and long 42. First of all my pregnancy doing fine, untill around 3 weeks before my blood pressure become 130/80, before that since 5 months pregnancymy hand,foot,finger become bigger. Everytime visit the doctor I always ask is that ok or not? or What happen to me? The doctor always said its ok, normal,natural.Then 3 weeks before my blood pressure become 130/80 and that time the doctor still said normal nothing to worry about.And day by day everytime I check always around 130-160/80-100 and the doctor decided to deliver my baby by sectio, but he wait until 38weeks.When the time comes to sectio, when the baby comes out she didnt cry hard, and before she came out, she drinks the water (the colour become green and mixed with her pup),that's why the doctor have to put her in Intensive Care Unit Room.In Oct 1, the doctor said she's doing much better tomorrow we've planned to give her milk so I have to pomp my breast and Oct 2, she's become wrost and become not wake up until 2 hours and she gone. I dont know is that impact from pre-eclamp or is there because something else? Coz the doctor said she got something wrong with her metabolism cant receive protein so that the protein become amoniac, I dont think that the problem is metablism. I think the problem is from the pre eclamp? So I want to prepare for the second pregnancy after 3-6 months? what should I do then? At least I want to make the weight more bigger the her (my first daughter). I really need help and ionformation. I really appreciate it.
rivinafarouk

Postby laura » Sun Oct 24, 2004 07:33 pm

Rivina, I am so sorry to hear about your baby! It sounds like you're saying that your baby inhaled some meconium with the amniotic fluid while you were in labor with her, and she became sick-- is that what happened? If that is what happened, sometimes babies do that when they're stressed, and it may or may not have been because of the preeclampsia. I know it happens sometimes to moms who are perfectly healthy otherwise.

The best thing that you can do to get ready to have another pregnancy is to go back to the doctor and ask them to make sure that you're in the best health to try to have another baby and when you do become pregnant again, for them to watch your pregnancy very closely. Please take care, and let us know what you find out!

Laura
Administrator/AK Area Coordinator

Alicia (severe PE) 5/98 ~ Camille (htn, oligo) 4/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/c/camilleandallie/
laura

Postby rivinafarouk » Mon Oct 25, 2004 00:14 am

Hi laura, if that so my baby was stress, or maybe because of pre eclamp? Is that everytime woman has pre eclamp there only 2 choices mother alive baby dies or mother dies baby alive, is that possible that both mother and the baby alive? is there any we could do at least for baby's weight coz raisha's weight only 2,2. Is there any woman here u knew before for the first pregnancy got preeclamp and the second pregnancy not at all? Is that possible to be like that? I really appreciate if all friends can answere it. Thx

Rivina
rivinafarouk

Next

Return to International