Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Advancing Women meeting in Oct.

Advancing Women meeting in Oct.

Postby kdreher » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:52 am

by kdreher (2482 Posts), Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:52 am

I received this email from Jennifer E. the former CT State Coordinator...very informative and I wanted to share with any CT members who may not be on my email bang list. Please let me know if you plan on attending. I am pretty sure I will as I learned a lot about PE's effect on the cardiovascular system at the 2005 PF conference.

It was nice speaking with you this morning. I am glad that you and others from the National Preeclampsia Foundation - Connecticut Chapter may be interested in attending the next meeting of Advancing Women (the donor society for Obstetrics & Gynecology at Yale), which will be held on Thursday, October 20, 2005 at 5:30 p.m. in the President’s Room at Woosley Hall on the main campus of Yale University. Our featured speakers will be Harlan Krumholz, M.D., Professor of Cardiology, Epidemiology and Public Health at Yale School of Medicine and Edmund Funai, M.D., Associate Professor, Yale Obstetrics & Gynecology, and Co-Chief, Section of Maternal-Fetal Medicine.

This special invitation is being extended to you and the membership by Dr. Funai. He will share some information with us about his research relative to increased risk for cardiovascular disease for women who suffer from preeclampsia. Dr. Funai will be giving a similar talk to the National Preeclampsia Foundation in Minneapolis in November and thought you and others at the Connecticut Chapter might be interested in hearing the talk.

Please know that members are most welcome to bring their spouses. Dr. Krumholz will talk about recent scientific breakthroughs that have made it possible to control and, in some cases reverse heart disease, which should be of equal interest and concern for men. Everyone who attends will receive a copy of Dr. Krumholz’s new book, The Expert Guide to Beating Heart Disease.

Kindly RSVP to me by phone at 785-4761 or by e-mail by Friday, October 14th. We look forward to seeing you and others from the National Preeclampsia Foundation- Connecticut Chapter on October 20th. Thank you.

- Chris
kdreher

Re : Advancing Women meeting in Oct.

Postby shelbys mom » Tue Sep 27, 2005 02:14 pm

by shelbys mom (483 Posts), Tue Sep 27, 2005 02:14 pm

Hey I am in, any knowledge on this topic is well earned!!!!!!
shelbys mom

Postby kylesmom » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:08 pm

by kylesmom (186 Posts), Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:08 pm

Hi Ladies!
Sadly, I have not been checked in with this site in so long. I thought I would log on and catch up a bit.

Thursday nights are tough for me, but I would really like to go. I may bring my SIL with me who just found out she is pg and is at high risk for developing PE (IMHO).

In any case, I hope all is well and I hope to see you there![:)]
kylesmom

Postby shelbys mom » Wed Oct 26, 2005 07:29 am

by shelbys mom (483 Posts), Wed Oct 26, 2005 07:29 am

Hey Kris how did it go? as usual things got crazy around here!!!!!,
shelbys mom

Return to Connecticut