Totally Confused

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Re : Totally Confused

Postby ckithaka » Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:49 pm

Hi
Hope you are doing better.
My advice thou i am not a doc is to check out for a second opinion.
I lost my Baby girl at 26 wks in June as a result of PE due to some ignorance from my doc.

Pls if they dont take action check out for a different opinion immediately.Your baby is big enough to be born and there is no need taking any chance any more.
Wish you the very best dear.

God bless u

Catherine

LETS HELP ONE ANOTHER IN THIS LIFE
ckithaka

Postby angelical » Mon Nov 24, 2003 05:41 am

I just read this thread, and now I am really wondering what is going on with Rachel. I hope she got some better medical care.

Reading posts like hers makes me sick. [xx(] And angry. [}:)]

Sharel

------------------------
Sharel & Kevin
Aaron - 28 weeker
Born 5/2/02 due to preeclampsia & HELLP

Our miracle boy is doing great!!
angelical

Postby mada » Mon Nov 24, 2003 07:14 am

Ughhh, I just read all this too. This is why the foundation is so important!! People are left totally in the dark about their own health!!!This is insane...Rachel, I hope all is okay, my prayers are with you....

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.
mada

Postby jabeau » Mon Nov 24, 2003 06:34 pm

My prayers are with you as well. This is stupuid, the way they ignore the systoms of their patients. Do whatever you have to do to get other help. Nothing is more important than the health of you and your baby. God Bless.
jabeau

Postby mrsright41401 » Tue Nov 25, 2003 08:43 am

I'm sorry that I haven't replied sooner.

Rachel is doing fine. The hospital admitted her for observation and gave her some steroids to mature the babies lungs. She's back at home but is refusing to get out of bed so that she has as little activity as possible to try and keep her bp down. While in the hospital they tested her blood and urine and said that there wasn't one trace of proteinuria but that her blood pressure was very high. So, we're on a waiting game. She sees the doctor on base next Wednesday and will hopefully be scheduling a c-section for the 14th of December, when she is term.

Ben - Rachel's husband

PS. Thank you for your concerns.
mrsright41401

Postby paljane8 » Tue Nov 25, 2003 09:37 am

Wow! Please hang in there and stay healthy. The very best to you both!

Nancy-35
dh-34
ds-8yrs
dd-7yrs
Scott-born 05-14-99 @38 weeks-PE
Janie-born 05-12-03 @37 weeks-PIH, small for gestational age (oligo and low blood flow)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/4/4lbs/
paljane8

Postby akemt » Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:52 am

Ben,

Thankyou so much for the info! I had Pregnancy Induced Hypertension too (high BP without protein in urine). I hope her BP's are staying at a good level. Did the doctors do an NST and ultrasound? With the BP's she reported, they should DEFINATELY be done. Mine weren't anywhere near as high as hers and my placenta was already having problems causing low amniotic fluid (meaning the baby wasn't getting good ammounts of nutrients). I don't know the reasons for the waiting...is she on bp medications? The BP can be just as dangerous as BP with protein. I was induced without ever passing the "trace" mark. I hope all is going well and that she can make it to full term without further complications!

Catherine (22)
DH Britton (27)
Emma Margaret (03/02/03) 37 weeks from PIH & oligo
akemt

Postby momathelete » Tue Nov 25, 2003 06:08 pm

Ben,

Thanks for posting. During my last pregnancy I was admitted to L&D seven times, all due to high bp. Each time I was sent home because of no protein in my urine. I ended up going to 37 weeks and they only took the baby because the stress tests showed that the baby was not active anymore. How are her tests when they strap the fetal monitor on? I was also in the same boat -just take the baby already!!! It is scary, but with the monitoring that you are doing at home and the bedrest will help some. Each day that the baby is in equals 3 days in the NICU that they miss. SO, the longer the better. Doctors don't seem to take action unless there is protein shown or the baby shows distress. As she may not have either, she is in the position I was -very high bps (although hers seems higher than mine), feeling awful , but still remaining pregnant. It looks like she has PIH (pregnancy induced hypertension), same as I had the last time. Tell her to hang in there and that we want updates daily (even if they are from you!). If possible with a laptop, have her log in to post on the bedresting section. She will get alot of support there too!!

Michelle
mom to Cole Thomas -former 28.5 weeker (3-5-99, 3 lbs)due to HELLP and Madelaine Grace "Lainey" -former 29.5 (10-11-01, 3lbs 4oz)weeker due to Pre-E and had PIH with Elisabeth Rose (Ella) -37 weeker,born June 30th 2003 weighing 5 lbs 12 oz and beautiful.
momathelete

Postby mrsright41401 » Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:35 am

Rachel is doing fine. She's in bed constantly and sleeping fitfully. She feels pressure constantly in her arms and legs like they're swelling, but they remain the same. She likens it to a balloon that is on the verge of swelling but is straining at the pressure.

She sees the doctor next on December 3rd. Please pray that they'll schedule a c-section for her. On top of PIH she has severe acid reflux and is vomiting acid daily. Her voice is scratchy and the pain is excruciating. That on top of the other "fun" pregnancy pain. She is glad this is her last pregnancy, I can assure you.

She is also very touched by your concern and your thoughts to her. She feels pretty lonely right now.

Thanks again,
Ben - Rachel's husband
mrsright41401

Postby laura » Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:44 am

You better believe we're praying for her. Just tell her to hang in there- who'd have thought some of the hardest mothering we'd have to do would be before the baby's even born! Tell her to keep up the good work, it's hard but it's worth it.
Hugs to you both...

Laura-28
DH Jack-30
Allie 5-13-98 (35 weeks-pre-e)
Baby Camille 4-17-03 (36 weeks- htn and oligo)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/c/camilleandallie/
laura

PreviousNext

Return to Ask the Experienced