Totally Confused

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Re : Totally Confused

Postby julie f » Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:21 am

Ben,

Thank you for the updates! Just wanted to let you and Rachel know that we're praying for you guys over here as well! I hope that yall are holding your new little baby in your arms soon.[:D]

Julie
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26 weeks due to severe pe
julie f

Re : Totally Confused

Postby akemt » Sat Nov 29, 2003 07:03 pm

Ben,

I understand what your wife means about the swelling in her legs and arms, etc. I was on strict bedrest and there was never any truly visible swelling even though I felt like there was plenty! The only visible difference (other than the scales) was when wrapping my fingers around my wrist. After I delivered my daughter and was allowed to be upright my ankles and feet blew up like balloons! I didn't fit any shoes...not even slip ons! It went down considerably within a few days, thankfully and the rest was cleared up with a few weeks of meds. I have wondered just how much of that was accumulation durring my pregnancy and how much was after. My feeling -probably most, if not all came before delivery.

The vomiting doesn't sound fun at all! Make sure she atleast rinses her mouth with water afterwards to try and cut some of the acidity. Something along the lines of an antacid would be preferable but might not be something she could handle well.

I'm glad the steroids took a little of the heat off for a while. My prayers are also with you and your two loved ones!

Catherine (22)
DH Britton (27)
Emma Margaret (03/02/03) 37 weeks from PIH & oligo
akemt

Previous

Return to Ask the Experienced