Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Leslie - good to see you!

Leslie - good to see you!

Postby hannahsmom » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:45 pm

Hi, Leslie -

I saw that you had posted on one of the other threads on the forum. Welcome back [:)]

If you feel like it - I (and I'm sure the other members of our group) would love an update [;)]
hannahsmom

Re : Leslie - good to see you!

Postby lgw » Tue Jul 11, 2006 02:28 pm

Hey Suzanne-
I'm finally getting the time to respond. Rawlin was born on 6.26 at 36 wks by emergency C-section. He is doing great, but has discovered that it is hard to teach his old-dog parents new tricks. I went to my scheduled MFM apptment on 6.26 and was admitted to the hospital for induction from that apptment due to low platelets. At that point, my bp was OK, but it had been jumping around a bit for the several preceding weeks. We had already spent a wk in the hospital for high bp and low platelets, but those issues resolved after I got steroid shots for Rawlin's lung development. They started the induction around 6 pm, and I was progressing rapidly, but Rawlin started having significant decels and he was born by c/s at 11:06 pm. He weighed 6.9 lbs and was 20 inches long. We spent the next week in the hospital due to very high bps, low platelets and elevated liver enzymes. I'm still on bp meds, but hope to be off of them soon. Rawlin is perfect and I love being a mom. I'm exhausted, but wouldn't trade it for the world. In fact, I think I missed my calling. I should have a house full of these little monsters. Rawlin is asleep right now and I think I'll try to grab a nap. Thanks for thinking about us.
Leslie
lgw

Re : Leslie - good to see you!

Postby hannahsmom » Tue Jul 11, 2006 08:02 pm

Oh, Leslie - that is wonderful news! Thanks so much for the update. You deserved this happy ending. How are you feeling? C-sections are rough - but it sounds like you and Rawlin are both happy and healthy. I bet your work misses you - but too bad [:p]

Take care and keep us updated on your little miracle!
hannahsmom

Return to Alabama