Madison, WI

Madison, WI

Postby kara » Sun May 06, 2007 11:28 pm

Hi everyone, Just wanted to post another reminder about the Madison, WI walk-a-thon tobe held this coming Saturday, May 12. Registration to begin at 9:30 with the Walk-a-thon to begin at 10am. We are expecting a decent turn-out even though this is our first walk in Madison.
Things we need:
1. Volunteer to help w ith kids fake-tatoos (rather than face-painting)
2. Anyone who would like to speak before the walk.
3. Any volunteers to bring a case of bottled water (I have a couple already), or a few boxes of granola bar type snacks.
4. I've got about half of the insurance certificate fee covered, but could use additional sponsors for that.
5. Raffle items and someone to help with the raffle (selling raffle tickets).
6. Help at the registration table.

Bring your last minute walkers - friends, family, neighbors!
kara
Forum Moderator

Re : Madison, WI

Postby denise » Tue May 08, 2007 08:57 am

Kara,

I can bring a case of water and some granola bars. If you need speakers yet, we'll be happy to. I was planning on bringing the items to do the tattoos as well, water & paper towel, etc. I'll see what else I can drum up for raffle items, or additional sponsors.
denise

Postby kara » Thu May 10, 2007 08:58 am

Denise and Alissa & other Wisconsinites,
My email has been blacklisted by my ISP....so I am receiving emails, but having to respond with my blackberry. Thanks for bringing water and granola bars, that is perfect! If anyone has an extra cooler or two (the big ones) can you drag it along? I have 2, and I think I can have my in-laws bring one or two. I'll have ice to put the waters in. Also, I'm having a get together at my house afterwards. I know you will be with your families, and that it is mother's day weekend, but feel free to bring them along and hang out for a while. We will have burgers, brats, deli salads, etc...

I'll be at the walk-site by 8:30 probably, so I'll see you guys when you get there!
Kara
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby denise » Thu May 10, 2007 11:16 am

That stinks! I can bring a cooler too, not a problem. I'd bring ice, but with a 2hr drive.... ;) My girlfriend is donating more TS products, so depending on how much we have I could possibly make TWO baskets, but I'll see.

I'm so excited!! How many walkers are we looking at?

Do you have extra t-shirts available for purchase?
denise

Return to Wisconsin