How are fellow badgers?

How are fellow badgers?

Postby mom2tori » Sat Dec 23, 2006 00:23 am

Is everyone ready for the holidays? Anyone got any big plans? Are the kiddos counting down till Santa comes?

I think I am ready[:p] We will be going from my aunts to my sister in laws on Christmas Eve and spend Christmas morning with each other at home and stop my grandparents for supper. Pretty busy but it is always nice to see everyone together. Victoria has been counting down for the last week. Every day she says, 5 more days till Santa is here, 4 more days..ect. Very cute. I told her she has to keep her toys picked up and taken care of or Santa won't bring her new ones. Not sure how long that will work. Finished all our shopping today. [xx(] I always say I am going to start earlier and finish earlier but that never happens. Just wanted to check in and see how everyone else's holiday is shaping up. Take care and Happy Holidays!!
mom2tori

Re : How are fellow badgers?

Postby timelessbeauty » Sat Dec 23, 2006 09:56 am

Hello fellow Badger! I am a transplanted Badger, originally from the Milwaukee area but have moved through a couple other states to currently reside in Indiana. I have stuffed badgers for my kids that I had when I was young. hehehe

We have plans to see Grandparents on Christmas Eve and Day to let the kids visit and all my shopping is done but one gift. I will have to hussle today to get it before I go into work!

I wish everyone a happy and healthy holiday season and look forward to all the great things to come in 2007.
timelessbeauty

Postby denise » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:09 am

Hey Alissa, we had a nice holiday. We ended up losing power briefly, but lost the phone lines for almost two days.[B)] We have friends who were without power for 12hrs and another for 23hrs. That snow/rain we had Fri did quite the number on the central part of WI.

The kids made out like bandits for Christmas. Why, oh, why must there be so many toys. I've already gone through and pulled "old" toys to donate to make room for the new ones. [:)] The food was great, and I ate lots.[:D] My BIL & SIL are in town from VA, so it's nice to see them too.
denise

Postby kara » Tue Dec 26, 2006 07:19 pm

I heard there was a ton of snow in the north country, Denise!! We had a snow-free Christmas here, wether in the high 30's to 40's. Weird, really. We stayed at home instead of going north-east like usual. It was nice not having to pack up Avery's one-gillion necessities for a trip.

We should have a call about the Madison WAT. I can't believe I volunteered for this. I feel a little overwhelmed lately, especially dealing with Avery's sensory issues. But, it's important, and it will be fun, and go off without a hitch. Anyone in WI think they will be able to physically attend?? I have to check with the MOD to see when their walk is...don't want to do it the same day, as our attendance will be shot. K
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby denise » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:20 am

I'm planning on being at the WAT and Alissa is as well. We will be sure to pump the event up with our WI folks!!!
denise

Postby mom2tori » Thu Dec 28, 2006 00:16 am

I will be there Kara!! The WAT does seem daunting at first doesn't it? When I was feeling overwhelmed I would tell myself even if 10 people come and we only raise $100 we are out there, getting the message out and getting the foundation 'seen'. It all works out in the end and you are right, it will go off without a hitch. I don't know when Madison has it's MOD walk but in Beaver Dam it has been the weekend of the PF walk. I believe it is this year as well.
mom2tori

Postby denise » Thu Dec 28, 2006 09:16 am

When I looked on the MOD website, the Madison walk is scheduled for May 5th, our local walk is the 12th.

Go Badgers!!!
denise

Postby kara » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:18 am

Well I checked out the City of Madison's website and it looks like Capitol Square is booked with the Farmer's Market from 6am-2pm on May 12. The Capitol was my first choice, just because it is the capitol and I thought we'd get a lot of spectators. So, unless we want to have a late walk (which isn't out of the question for me, as May weather in WI is unpredictable, and is usually warmer after noon), we can move to one of the city parks. Elver park would be my first park choice.

***UPDATE*** Ok, nix those. The permit fees are ridiculous at the City parks. We'd need a permit just to do a bake sale. Ok, the next idea would be to hold the WAT at a location like a church or school (like the Beaver Dam walk). We MAY have to get a street use permit...but that is a minor charge I'm sure I could find a sponsor to cover. There is a school just down the street from my house (walking distance), and my church has pretty large grounds and we could use their bathroom facilities. It is bordered by a busy street (maybe not super safe for the little ones, but good advertisement), so we could plan the "route" with or without using the busy street. Any opinions from the Wisconsinites?
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby denise » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:34 am

Either works for me. Is parking a concern on the weekends?
denise

Postby denise » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:09 am

I really have no clue on Madison. I know how to get to the mall and that's about it. What do you southerner's think?
denise

Next

Return to Wisconsin