Wisconsin members???

Re : Wisconsin members???

Postby mom2tori » Wed Aug 25, 2004 01:04 pm

hello everyone, i am new here. i am a mother who has had preeclampsia twice. my son was born at 28 weeks and lived for 32 hours and my daughter was born at 30 weeks and is now a healthy 2 year old. i am interested in any type of group that is organized to make people more aware of this disease. keep me posted on anything i can do to help! alissa
mom2tori

Postby denise » Sun Aug 29, 2004 02:42 pm

Welcome mom2tori! Happy you found us. Sorry to hear about the loss of your son. That is great you went on to have your daughter. It's inspiring to read stories like that.

-------
Denise (28)
Jason (31)
Ariana (15 months)-born 5/3/03 at 35 weeks due to HELLP
TTC #2 starting in October!
http://hometown.aol.com/scrapperlang/Home.htm
denise

Postby mom2tori » Sun Aug 29, 2004 07:20 pm

Denise- I have been reading a lot of the posts on here and have to say that everyone sounds so positive and strong. It is so uplifting to just read through the posts and be able to see that people care about each other. This is my new favorite place to be!
Alissa mommy to:
Dominic 9/10/97-9/11/97
Victoria 1/8/02
mom2tori

Postby annegarrett » Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:55 pm

We like to hear things like that. Thanks for adding your positive energy to our site!

Anne Garrett
Executive Director
Preeclampsia Foundation
annegarrett

Postby denise » Mon Aug 30, 2004 05:23 am

Ditto to what Anne said. [:D] It is indeed a wonderful place to find courage, strength, and lots of support.

-------
Denise (28)
Jason (31)
Ariana (15 months)-born 5/3/03 at 35 weeks due to HELLP
TTC #2 starting in October!
http://hometown.aol.com/scrapperlang/Home.htm
denise

Postby teenster3 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 01:02 pm

I am NEW here as well & am having a difficult time dealing with my Preeclampsia. I live in Edgerton, WI (which is located between Stoughton & Janesville, 15 minutes from each OR 30 minutes South of Madison).
I could use some courage, strength & support right now!
I'm 34 weeks along with my first & feel like it'll be eternity before I deliver.[:(]
Tina
teenster3

Postby mom2tori » Wed Aug 31, 2005 07:40 pm

Hi Tina!!! We are not that far apart-I live in Beaver Dam-about 30 min from Madison. Welcome! I am so glad you found your way here. 34 weeks huh? How are things looking? Boy or girl? Preeclampsia is hard to deal with so you are not alone on that one. How are your docs handling you? Keeping a close eye on you I hope. It is really a huge load off your shoulders to have complete faith in your docs and knowing you are in good hands can save a little on all that worry. It is so nice to see other WI girls on here-we are a small group but I think that we all bring something special to the WI chapter of the foundation. Looking forward to getting to know you..
mom2tori

Postby teenster3 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 02:16 am

Hello mom2tori....
Well at my ultrasound a few weeks ago, Matthew & I were told that it was a boy. My sister-in-law drove me there & her, the tech., & I could see it but my husband of course couldn't make heads or tails out of the pictures. (He was kind of set on having a little girl)
Oh well, we're both still very happy.
My sister-in-law recommended the doctor I am seeing. At first I thought, ewww this isn't the kind of woman I was hoping for, but then it got a little easier. She just seems like she's more from the old school, not overly emotional (like myself), just pretty much straight to the point on everything but really watching me close on the pre e. I am 35 weeks today & seeing my doctor twice a week.
I just feel that this has been a rough pregnancy for me (first 1 at that). I swear that I've had every symptom women talking about getting during pregnancy. AGH....just can't wait to have him![:p]
So, what is your story? I would like to learn more about others in WI as well!
Thanks for responding![:)]
teenster3

Postby denise » Fri Sep 02, 2005 02:11 pm

Hey Tina! Glad to see you hop in here!! And I'm happy to see you are still pregnant. [;)] You're almost done, hang in there!! Keep us posted!
denise

Postby mom2tori » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:50 pm

A boy? How exciting for you! I am glad that you are being watched so closely-that is always a good thing although it can get tiring. I have had pe twice. My son was born at 28 weeks and lived for 32 hours. Watching him die is without a doubt the hardest thing that I have ever done. My heart will always ache for him and I miss him so much. My daughter was born at 30 weeks and spent about 5 weeks in the NICU. I was on hospital bedrest with both of them before they were born. Preeclampsia is the source of so much heartache and worry and a ton of emotions all at the same time, it is overwhelming. I do have to say though that I am glad to see you here and glad to hear that your boy will be in your arms before long. Hang in there and give him a smooch for me when he finally arrives.
mom2tori

PreviousNext

Return to Wisconsin