Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Back in the Business of Chaos .. :-)

Back in the Business of Chaos .. :-)

Postby timelessbeauty » Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:05 am

by timelessbeauty (1712 Posts), Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:05 am

How do we mothers do it? I have three kids now, three different schedules with them alone. Then there are the housewife like duties to attend to, cooking meals, cleaning dishes and laundry and vacuuming anything that doesn't move in my house. I have three dogs, three kids, four cats, and one husband. (two if you consider my late husband dwelling in his urn in the garage until we find a suitable home for him)

I'm just now getting back into the swing of things. I reapplied for my department store job. My husband is working as much overtime as they will let him but we are frustrated at their communication style. They called to cancel one of his OT shifts at 1:00 am and he was due to be there by 3:30am. The man needs sleep sometime, do you think he is answering the phone at 1am? I just got re-elected to be scout leader for my daughter's troop again this coming school year plus she is moving to the intermediate school now. >>sniffle<< They grow up so fast!

How do you use a vacuum cleaner on carpet that couldn't suck up cotton candy floating across a laminate floor? UGH .. why do things know the perfect time to break down?? Doesn't the vacuum know I have kids to attend to now? [8D]

I've been hooked on a little bit of tv. I watch the foodnetwork for dinner ideas on a budget. I have watched Hit me One More Time... Lost (and what IS that thing in the jungle? I didn't watch the first season, I'm catching it on the reruns!)... oh .. and because I find myself ocassionally tired, I find myself staring blankly at the screen when it's off because I have no energy to do anything else. LOL

I had my 6 week appointment and the doc asked when I was going to be in again. LOL .. I said "My husband said we'd talk in a year", and the doc just laughed and looked at me, "So he's serious eh?". LOL
My BP .. now get this .. was 117/78 FIVE WEEKS OFF BP MEDS! WooooHoooo! I tell you I feel great! My weight still has about 9 lbs more to lose to be at prepreggo weight but I am doing fine there. My milk production went whacky when I had to be in the hospital that time with our new son for jaundice but seems to be coming around.

I'm working on a garage sale, going to a scout picnic today that I am hosting without my hubby's help because hopefully he will be working OT tonight. Is this braveness or stupidity for me to handle grilling hot dogs and burgers with soon to be 5th graders and my own three kids? AHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!

I want to start work on next years Walk-a-thon and doing a few meetings with the Indiana members. Maybe I could host the meeting in with my old crochet group to ask for their help in getting PF off the ground with a few blankies to sell/auction/raffle/give away for awareness? I need to re-email everyone for PF Indiana to get things started for real. Enough of my talking, now is time for action! [8D]

Does the puffiness around the eyes from exhaustion go away when these babies graduate? HEHEHEHE

LOVE TO ALL THE MOMMIES OUT THERE!

TB
timelessbeauty

Re : Back in the Business of Chaos .. :-)

Postby timelessbeauty » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:13 am

by timelessbeauty (1712 Posts), Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:13 am

Update

I've gained back about 8 lbs and I am stressing a little. It's just life issues so I just need to cope. My son has a "butt sensor" .. as in every time he's asleep, or so I think, I put him down and instantly he knows I'm not holding him. ARGH! I feel bad when his crying goes from just "where are you mom?" .. to "OMG .. MOM"S GONE .. WHAT"S GOING TO HAPPEN TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" ... I've tried swaddling, rocking, putting him in padded carseat with an extra blanket in seat to 'cuddle' him, nada.

I have a garage sale this weekend, one day only, which I am preparing for these days. I am purging the household. All those chores and duties that went undone while I've been pregnant four years in a row with two kids to show for it, they are all getting done now. Steamcleaning is next on the list as soon as the furniture gets moved.

I need to go now and get recipes for lemon cookies to serve at the 'refreshment stand' my daughter is hosting for the sale. She's 10 and I figured it would be a neat way for her to be involved and earn a little bit of money. We got her a cooler too for lemonade sales. :-) Need to return the heavy duty industrial breast pump because I don't have the time like I want to devote to pumping and increasing my supply. I have a single pump that is mine that I will try to use and give the big rental model back.

I must be a bit off, I'm "nesting" now that my children are here but couldn't do all that much before. Pregnancy makes me really tired and exhausted and towards the end, can't breathe to go upstairs that well. Now I have my lungs partially back except for Asthma problems cropping up lately but working on getting that under control.

I'm not selling the weight set because I want to lose that weight.

I agree I should get my blood work done as Jessica has suggested. I know a few years back I had weight and cholesterol issues but those went away in time and losing some weight. But after having had HELLP with Ben in 2002, I don't know if I have any blood test results to say how my body is after that. I will have to check with Peri and then go in for testing.

Gotta run, "butt sensor" just went off. That only took 4 minutes! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

TB
timelessbeauty

Re : Back in the Business of Chaos .. :-)

Postby denise » Mon Jun 27, 2005 05:19 pm

by denise (5480 Posts), Mon Jun 27, 2005 05:19 pm

Good to hear from you. Sounds like things are rolling along with 3 kiddos! Hope life settles in a bit more for you.

-------
Denise / Co-coordinator for WI
Jason (DH)
Ariana (DD) May 2003-just shy of 35 weeks: Class 1 HELLP
Trying for Baby #2

http://hometown.aol.com/oneyodafan/DeniseHomePage.htm
denise

Return to Indiana