Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Here I am...nowhere else to go....

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.

Re : Here I am...nowhere else to go....

Postby joker » Mon Jun 15, 2009 07:00 pm

by joker (1212 Posts), Mon Jun 15, 2009 07:00 pm

I just want to reach out and hug you. I can't imagine how hard all of this with Ethan and Chad has been on you, but you are doing a great job taking care of Ethan. He is an amazing little boy and that is mostly because of you being such a good mommy. Hugs.
joker

Postby denise » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:01 pm

by denise (5480 Posts), Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:01 pm

I'm so sorry hon. I wish we could wrap you up in a huge hug to know that yes, someone does care about you and Ethan. We are here for you.
denise

Postby annegarrett » Tue Jun 16, 2009 00:54 am

by annegarrett (2525 Posts), Tue Jun 16, 2009 00:54 am

Joining the big group hug for you. I wish I were closer to provide support. Where are you again? I assume you have a social worker from the hospital--I imagine there must be regional help. Have you got a PEPs group in your area (Program for Early Parenting Support)? They might be a good support. I can't imagine how tough this is for you.

Big hugs--and many warm thoughts,
annegarrett

Postby patty » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:25 am

by patty (667 Posts), Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:25 am

((hugs)) you are a great mom do not beat yourself up on top of everything else. I second what others have said about reaching out to a family support group of some kind. I would also see about talking to a lawyer or someone to get the SSI and child support fixed so you don't need to worry so much. Caring for a child with special needs is very draining don't feel bad that you need a break, it is entirely normal. Can you get your mom or someone you trust get fully trained to step in sometimes too since dh is dropping the ball(which is his loss IMO). We are here for you whenever you need to vent.
patty

Previous

Return to Parents of Preemies