Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Roll Call

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Re : Roll Call

Postby alimarie » Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:50 am

Deborah,

I know exactly how you feel when you say you would like another child. I too have felt crazy to think about trying to go through it all again but then thinking of my maddie not having a sibling is not appealing for me either. I had her at 35 weeks due to severe pre-e and am scared that it will occur again...i too wonder how all you mommies on here have had many babies. it gives me hope that i too can go through it all again. i was not able to breastfeed her well either and that is something that has always bothered me...like i was a failure or something. of course, when i read others saying this when i was pregnant i thought it was the dumbest thing ever....just because you can't bfeed...well, i understand that sentiment now. i hated people asking me "are you nursing" because i felt i had to defend myself and explain the whole preemie thing and i was pumping...yada yada..i should have just said, yes or "it's none of your business" of course i didn't want to be rude...at least i know how to handle that if it does happen again..haha
we too have just stopped birth control and are seeing what happens. while i know i will be thrilled if i get pregnant i will also be scared to death!! i am sure most of you understand that first hand! good luck deborah and keep us updated...hope to hear you are pregnant soon

alison

AliMarie---mommy to Madalyn Anne-born at 35 wks due to severe pe (9/18/2001 4lbs. 14oz.)
alimarie

Postby kaysmom » Fri Dec 26, 2003 09:42 pm

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post, but I have been lurking around the boards for awhile. I am currently 20wks with #2 and getting more nervous by the day. My first pregnancy was great up until about 27-28 wks when I started to swell like crazy. At 28 week appt my dr gave me a rundown of PE symptoms but apparently I did not have enough of them to be worried about at that point. I was scheduled to come back in 2 weeks. At 29.5 wks I started having painless contractions, called dr. they weren't worried so I waited until my 30wk appt in 2 days. Well, as soon as the nurse took my BP I started to cry. It was only 155/90 but that was high for me and I knew I wasn't feeling right. Dr. came in and sent me to the hospital. After 1 night in the hospital my BP was 170/100 so they sent me in an ambulance to a level 1 hospital 1.5 hrs away. I was there for 6 days before they did a c-section. DD was 2lbs 6oz at 31 weeks. She stayed in NICU for 6 weeks. She is a happy, healthly 2.5 yr old now! My BP stayed up after delivery which was very frustrating. I was put on BP meds and had to stay on for 6 weeks. So this time around they are watching me very carefully. At 24 weeks I will start going to dr every week.
It is so nice to have a forum of women who have been through this too. Good luck to everyone who is PG! Thanks for reading[:I]

Jeanette
DD 3-28-01 31wk severe PE
#2 EDD 5-16-03
kaysmom

Postby alimarie » Sat Dec 27, 2003 05:57 am

Jeanette,

I can imagine that you are nervous this time around. you are getting closer to that point when things started happening last time. i would feel the same way in your situation. take heart from the women who share their stories of an uneventful pregnancy following pe. i am hoping to experience one of those some day of my own. i hope your story will be the next that offers hope for the rest of us! keep us updated for sure.

alison

AliMarie---mommy to Madalyn Anne-born at 35 wks due to severe pe (9/18/2001 4lbs. 14oz.)
alimarie

Postby simivlyhills » Fri Jan 02, 2004 05:11 am

Hey gals!
I'm Jessica, and I just had a baby June 2nd, 2003 because of severe pre-e, at 27 weeks gestation. He stayed in the hospital for 67 days and came home 20 days before his due date. I'm very lucky to have my miracle baby. I had an emergency c-section, and I'd wanted so badly for a home birth, or hottub birth (or both if I could get ma to get a hottub for the patio, lol, we were living with her till Oct). I wanted to go right home, and breastfeed. Even though nothing worked out the way I wanted, he still nurses about once a day, and I'm so grateful he's ok. I guess it never REALLY hit me that my baby could die, or that he wouldn't be as healthy as he is right now. I was pretty sure I was gonna die though. The time before, and especially after Tony's birth, things were foggy. But I remember the birth pretty well, and I could hear his little cry and he was breathing on his own. He never needed a vent. I remember giving Mike my last rites before I got my spinal (or epi?).
Now I'm due around the end of July. I am completely insane. If this pregnancy ends early, I'm getting my tubes tied. I'm sticking with my OB this time, just like last. She sent me down to Portland (where the high risk docs and NICU are, 2 hrs from here) when I became severe. She does work a lot with high risk. I totally trust her. She's been seeing me every 2 weeks.

Good luck to yous guys!

Jessica
Mama to:
Anthony James 7 months old, 27 weeker
And another bit of evidence that "Pull and Pray" isn't effective...
Corinne or Brady, due end of June '04!
simivlyhills

Postby alimarie » Fri Jan 02, 2004 05:27 am

Jessica,

wow are you going to have your hands full! congrats and i hope your second experience will be nothing like your first! you just may be one of those lucky ones. keep us updated for sure on how you progress. was i right in seeing your babies will be 13 months apart? i have a friend here who recently found out she is expecting..her kids will be 13 mon. apart as well. another person i know had her boys 1 year apart to the day. how rare that must be! can't wait to hear how it all goes. it does sound like the dr. is keeping a very close eye on you. so far everything is good?
let us know

alison

alimarie

Postby julie f » Fri Jan 02, 2004 01:06 pm

Congrats to all the pregnant mommies and all the soon-to-be pregnant mommies!

I just had an OB appt today and we've been given the ok to start trying again as soon as I'm done with this pack of pills (1 more week)! [:0] So, I hope to be joining you soon.

I go from being excited about getting pregnant to being terrified of the potential outcomes. I just pray for all of us and our babies each day and am so thankful for this support network.

Julie
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26 weeks due to severe pe
julie f

Postby amazonstar » Mon Jan 05, 2004 02:53 pm

Good luck, Julie!
Hi everyone,
Here is my story....
My first pregnancy, with my first husband, at age 21 , was picture perfect. 42 weeks, vaginal birth , healthy 8lb.12 oz baby.[ Alanna]
I divorced, remarried, and at 33 , had Jessica 6 weeks early, due to Pre-eclampsia. They induced labor, but the baby became distressed and an emergency c-section was performed. Jessica Rose was 4lbs.5oz, and besides jaundice she was fine. My pressure really went crazy after the birth, but it returned to normal shortly. I've never had before or since, any blood pressure problems.
I am now 37. Still married to Jessica's dad! [ he's a keeper!]
September 22nd , 2003 I suffered a misscarriage. I had extensive bloodwork done, which all came back normal.
I am pregnant again, 10 weeks 3 days, due July 30th, 2004. I am trying to stay calm,take vitamins, eat healthy,and rest alot. Today my pressure was 117/62. I have a great new doctor, who is really great and always listens. I guess all I can really do is pray.....

Naome
amazonstar

Previous

Return to Pregnant Again?