Death Day is near.

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

Death Day is near.

Postby gossamer » Wed Jun 23, 2004 08:06 pm

Mary Rose's Birth/Death day is coming up July 29th. I don't know how to honor her on that day. I am thinking of having flowers at the altar in her honor at church that sunday. I have also been thinking about adopting a family in need who has just given birth. I was just wondering what any of y'all did on your death day.
Gossamer

"Before you were conceived, I wanted you. Before you were born, I loved you. Before you were a minute old, I would have died for you. This is the miracle of life. " -Maureen Hawkins
gossamer

Re : Death Day is near.

Postby angelkat » Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:38 pm

For Katlyne's birth day we had a small party with the NICU Nurses and doc's who were there with us while Katlyne was in the hospital. We had a balloon release (oh course, I went overboard and had a balloon for each day she was alive) and Ben read things very special to us thanking them for taking such good care of our daughter. We had cake and then followed the cake was a HUGE donation of lulliby CD,tapes, books, and players. Katlyne loved to listen to priase and worship music so we thought it would be nice to pass that along. The beanie Baby company donated 100 beanie babies in Katlynes honor also to the NICU....

For her angel date, Ben and I went to the garden where Katlyne passed away and just took our time praying. It was very quiet but I think it was better that way ......

I'm sure you will find the right way to deal with it weather you have a birthday party/angel party or just a few moments of slience.

I'm always around if you need to chat....
Hugging you tightly....

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(13)PE 37 wks
Ky (11)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey Looking at Aug
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/lifestory.cfm?Archive_ID=10971&Directory=/Archives/MountHope&Sort=V
angelkat

Postby for faith » Thu Jun 24, 2004 09:30 am

I haven't gotten there yet, but I think those things you are thinking of are wonderful. angelKat, yours were wonderful, hope I can do something as special. For me I know that I will want something quiet and also do some sort of charity work in her honor (I am starting to work on that part now). I know whatever you do Mary Rose will be with you and know how much you love her.

Wishing you peace at this very difficult time.

Jill
mommy to:
Tyler - 4 (36 wks, PIH)
Angel baby - 1/20/03 (11 wks)
Faith Kristine - 1/5/04-1/30/04 (30 weeks due to severe PE, passed due to NEC & Sepsis(preemie complications))
for faith

Postby julie f » Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:54 am

Zach's birthday and the anniversary of his death are coming up in July too... We haven't decided what we're going to do and, I'm kind of at a loss. I think your ideas are beautiful and would be a very special tribute.

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Miracle in progress... #2 is due February 9, 2005!!!!

Southern California Coordinator
julie f

Postby annegarrett » Thu Jun 24, 2004 05:23 pm

Any of you who cannot make it to the conference--and those who can--if you have lost a baby or a mother (sister, etc..) to this disease--please email norlisa@preeclampsia.org with the name. We are doing a candlelight vigil to honor those we have lost and we will read the name and light a candle in his or her memory. That will happen July 23rd at our picnic. Thanks and take care--xx00xx

Anne Garrett
Executive Director
Preeclampsia Foundation
annegarrett

Postby kimb » Thu Jun 24, 2004 07:27 pm

Will's Birthday is just 2 weeks away and we have been talking about what to do as well. One thing my husband has wanted for years and years was a boat, shortly after we lost Will - he said that someday when we got a boat he would like to name it after Will, if that was ok with me. Well - we now own a boat! We have decided that on fourth of July weekend when we take the boat out on Puget Sound with some friends (the ones who were there at the hospital with us) we will christen (?) the boat "The William Michael" that weekend. It was at 3am last July 4th when I suddenly thought "I don't have much time left with my baby" - some people have said I shouldn't name the boat after him because then going out on the boat will be a sad reminder. I think it honors him. We haven't decided what we are going to do on the 7th yet - I am taking a few days off of work - but Mike can't. I'm thinking of telling his boss he can't be mad at Mike if he's late that day though!

Kim 35
William Michael - my angel - pe/HELLP 7/7/03
kimb

Return to Grief and Loss