The worst week of my life..

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

Re : The worst week of my life..

Postby angelkat » Tue May 04, 2004 10:11 am

I am so sorry for your loss. No words could ever tell you how sorry I am to see another person post a loss.

Prayers of comfort and strength for you and your wife.

Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Ky (11)
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03) & Casey (EDD 09/10 or 09/11-Sure he will be here in Aug)
Katlyne's Tribute Site

The worst week of my life..

Postby craigh » Tue May 04, 2004 10:04 am

On Friday, April 23, 2004 at a scheduled ultrasound I learned my son of 28 weeks 3 days gestation had passed away. It was entirly unexpected as all appointments and ultrasounds prior too were great with no issues at all. His heart beat was even heard on Monday the 19th. As of right now all the docor has told us is that he was small for his gestational age, about 3-4 weeks behind in grouth and that there was very little amniotic fluid. He listed some things that could have been the cause but quite frankly after my heart had been ripped out and run over by a MACK Truck I didnt comprehend much of what he said. I know he mentioned Preeclampsia which I was trying to do research on when I found this site. We had to wait the entire day Friday and Saturday, it wasnt until Sunday the 25th that the hospital admited her for delivery. What a horrable weekend. When they broke her water Sunday night there was little if any amniotic fluid. We were fortunate enough to get 2 hours with our son, holding him, cuddling him, loving him and telling him how proud we where of him. All of our family was there so we were able to all see him. Not neerly enough time but yet I'm greatful we had at least that. I didnt think things could get any worse, unfortunatly I was wrong. After going home Monday morning, my wife began getting sever back pains, by Thursday she had had a 102 temp. I rushed her to the ER to find out she had a blood clot in her right lung. The doctors began preparing me for the worst.. I could loose my son and wife in the same week.. Luckly she responded well to treatment and was discharged yesterday and is doing 100 times better. These things seem too couinsidental to not be related. We have to wait another 5 weeks until we go back to her OBGYN to get some insite as to what might have happened causing us to loose our baby.. She did have higher blood pressure (not terrable but much higher then her normally very low), some protien in her urion, she had just begun swelling pretty bad in her ankles so I imagine they are going to say preeclampsia but will this cause a lack of amniotic fluid? Perhaps it has something to do with a blood clot. Does anyone have any opinions?

Mom and I love and miss you very much.. Shane Andrew, April 25, 2004

Return to “Grief and Loss”