question about 2 year old speech

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.
hypergirl_trlee

question about 2 year old speech

Postby hypergirl_trlee » Wed Jul 17, 638926 10:45 am

My little 28 week preemie is now 2 years old.. She just turned 2 on march 27th. Boy time really flies!

I was just curious as to what your preemies were doing speechwise at this age. She is saying like 95 or more words and says a few 2 word phrases like, "good girl, hey dude, hi dad, etc." she definitely knows what i am talking about when I say ANYTHING. Does this sound good to you? Is this where she's supposed to be?

annes
Forum Moderator

Re : question about 2 year old speech

Postby annes » Thu Jul 18, 638926 7:42 am

That sounds really great! There is a website, which I found through a google search for toddler speech milestones that I thought was great at showing the ranges etc... 95 words is amazing!

hypergirl_trlee

Re : question about 2 year old speech

Postby hypergirl_trlee » Wed Jul 31, 638926 12:08 pm

Thanks.. It's just that I went to her 2 year appt. the other day and we saw the nurse practitioner instead of her regular Pedi. I asked all of the verbal communication questions and she said "well if she doesn't get better by 6 months from now we can consider sending her to a speech therapist." She said all of this without even asking how many words she was saying or if she understood what I said or anything. I thought almost 100 words was great for her age?! I am not a big fan of that nurse anyways.. she offers too much "parenting advice" and adds in things about her own experiences ALL the time..

Return to “Parents of Preemies”