Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Preemie clothes in Phoenix

Preemie clothes in Phoenix

Postby mommy1st » Sat Mar 04, 2006 04:53 pm

by mommy1st (2808 Posts), Sat Mar 04, 2006 04:53 pm

Hello az!
I was wondering if any of you could tell me where ( if you had to) buy your child preemie clothes. The reason I am asking is that I volunteer at St. Joseph's hospital and I am in charge of putting together a list of stores to go to for preemie clothes to give out to the parents whose baby is in the NICU.
So far I have Walmart, baby gap, gymboree, and children's place. Also for preemie diapers I have walmart and babiesrus.

If you can think of any other place that would be great!!

Thanks so much:)
mommy1st

Re : Preemie clothes in Phoenix

Postby kdreher » Sat Mar 04, 2006 05:53 pm

by kdreher (2482 Posts), Sat Mar 04, 2006 05:53 pm

Doesn't babiesrus sell preemie clothes as well? I think Target sells preemie clothes too. I'm not sure of the large dept stores there so I can't add much more.
kdreher

Postby mommy1st » Sat Mar 04, 2006 07:34 pm

by mommy1st (2808 Posts), Sat Mar 04, 2006 07:34 pm

you are right, I totally forgot about babiesrus. I do know that Macy's sell sleepers but not all the time.

Thanks so much!!
mommy1st

Postby missgamecock » Sat Mar 04, 2006 08:45 pm

by missgamecock (6064 Posts), Sat Mar 04, 2006 08:45 pm

For me Walmart and Babies R US were the places to go. If catch them at the right time, you can get an awesome deal. I just bought some preemie outfits that are coveralls that can be changed into gowns for clearance $3.
missgamecock

Postby thw75 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 09:46 pm

by thw75 (509 Posts), Sat Mar 04, 2006 09:46 pm

Baby Gap has a preemie line
thw75

Postby julie f » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:10 pm

by julie f (7993 Posts), Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:10 pm

If you have a Burlington Coat Factory near you, their baby section "Baby Depot" has really reasonable prices on preemie clothes.
julie f

Postby jillmushet » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:57 pm

by jillmushet (860 Posts), Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:57 pm

Hi Holly:

I'd love to hear all about your volunteer work at St. Joe's sometime. As for preemie stuff, we used Babies R Us for diapers and clothes, but that was 6 years ago.

I have a really sweet story about preemie clothes: Of course having dd early was a complete surprise to us and we were not prepared at all. A NICU nurse told us we needed to get some clothes for dd....and she was not the type of nurse you'd argue with :). Well, I was still in the hospital shaking off the last of the mags, so it was up to my husband. Note: My dh freely admits to being the cheapest man on earth. The next day, as I was laying on my left side, in walks my husband. He was very excited to show me all of the beautiful clothes he had bought for our sweet little girl. He had purchased several outfits with matching booties and caps. (I just told dh what I'm writing and he quoted the exact amount he spent that day!) He had washed them all using Dreft before bringing them to the hospital. There was one little outfit with ducks that Claire wore home from the hospital. It's tucked away in her memory chest never to be given away.
jillmushet

Postby darcynulph » Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:18 pm

by darcynulph (413 Posts), Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:18 pm

Babies R Us for clothing and Walmart for diapers, I found it easier to find Huggies than Pampers. I have noticed that other stores don't care them on a consistant basis (FYI our local Gap didn't have preemie clothing) If you have multiples you can get them at a discount from Pampers.
darcynulph

Postby missgamecock » Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:33 pm

by missgamecock (6064 Posts), Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:33 pm

That's a sweet story Jill. Reminds me of when Kirsten was born. When Kirsten was born she weighed 5lbs 1oz. So she could not wear NB sizes yet. Then they all lose weight in the hospital think she dropped to about 4lbs and then started gaining. All of the clothes that we had for her were 3-6 months because everyone told us that babies outgrow stuff quick and never buy 0-3 months. Well they must had 10 lb babies. Because in the delivery room the nurse asked for her clothes. HA, she about died laughing when dh pulled out a 3-6 month outfit out of the diaper bag (they don't provide clothes, baby soap, washcloths and many other things in a Belgian hospital, it is bring your own, which is another funny story because when I had Sara I brought a HUGE suitcase that was filled with everything but the kitchen sink!) Anyway, he found a nb gown that his mom had bought for the baby shower. We put her in that and rolled up the sleeves. It was quite funny, this tiny baby and the sleeves all rolled up on her.

So that next morning, dh ran to the PX (miltary store). Our friends were calling around to see who had preemie clothes. My dh would rather die than being caught in the baby department buying baby clothes. He looked for an older woman and asked her to please help him. They didn't have any preemie outfits, but they had those cheap triplet sleepers that run really small. So he bought a couple of packages of those. Then on the way back to the hospital he saw a toy store. He bought a couple of DOLL outfits for her. Funniest thing I had heard of in a long time. In the meantime, family back home FEDEX'ed us several preemie outfits/sleepers, onesies, bottles (those were the BEST!, and binkies). Who knew!

So when I got pregnant with Sara, I went overboard on the preemie clothes because the drs told me no way was I going to make it full term. Ended up Sara was huge for 35 weeks. That pound make a huge difference. She stayed in preemie clothes for about a month before heading into nb. As far as Kirsten we made do with the diapers in NB size. The velcro went all the way to each side and we changed a lot of diapers, sheets, and outfits till she got big enough for them.
missgamecock

Postby jillmushet » Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:55 pm

by jillmushet (860 Posts), Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:55 pm

Sabrina: That reminds me, the nurse who ordered my husband to the store showed us a doll dress she intended to put on Claire until we bought clothes for her! That was quick thinking on the part of your dh.

Holly: It looks like you have your list. :) Thankfully there are many locations for these stores. Do parents supply diapers at St Joe's? Claire was at Good Sam. They supplied some very small preemie diapers. I remember Claire slept better in the more absorbent Pampers we brought in.

I also remember some discussion on how the Pampers fit as opposed to the Huggies. Again, this was a while ago. It had to do with how the legs are positioned once the diaper is on.(?)
jillmushet

Next

Return to Arizona