Post Reply FAQ Members Login

new to group

new to group

Postby kteacher » Sat Jun 16, 2007 09:06 pm

by kteacher (124 Posts), Sat Jun 16, 2007 09:06 pm

I'm in northwest Alabama. My daughter was two in March. I delivered her at full term. I went in the hospital the night before I was to be induced (the night she was due). I was told my platelets were too low for an epidureal...I would be delivering natural (not what I wanted to hear since I hadn't even attended a birthing class). That is all I knew....I didn't know the doctor had told my parents and in-laws that I was suffering from HELLPS and that I was critical to start praying. It's better I didn't. I remember while holding my darling that I heard "platelet transfusion" and "ICU". I knew then that this couldn't be good. Thankfully, due to wonderful nurses and doctors and mostly God's grace I would be okay with a healthy daughter. I am currently considering baby #2 but am TERRIFIED! One day I'm all ready to consider trying and the next I'm worried about my life, my 2 year old not having a mom around, and a premature baby that had to be delivered early for my health (you know all the what ifs). I'm not too anxious for a 2nd one right yet, but possibly trying next year if I can get over my fears. I just wanted to introduce myself to the group. I'm glad I found you. No one knows what the fear is like unless they lived it.
kteacher

Re : new to group

Postby lgw » Sun Jun 17, 2007 08:41 am

by lgw (382 Posts), Sun Jun 17, 2007 08:41 am

Hey Kteacher:
We all understand your fears. Glad you found us. I know how difficult it is to consider trying again. I lost my first son, but thankfully I did try again. My DS will be one next week. If you haven't already, I'd suggest a precept consultation w/ a high risk doc. That may go a long way in helping you feel comfortable w/ the decision you ultimatly make. I'm glad you found us b/c yes, most people don't understand the fear of pg. I'm in south Alabama. Feel free to email me directly if you want.
Leslie
lgw

Re : new to group

Postby tinalowe » Sat Jul 28, 2007 05:05 am

by tinalowe (288 Posts), Sat Jul 28, 2007 05:05 am

"No one knows what the fear is like unless they lived it."

So very true! I;m so glad you found your way here! Welcome aboard!
tinalowe

Return to Alabama