Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Update/Ultrasound

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Update/Ultrasound

Postby suzanne » Sun Mar 14, 2004 05:10 am

Hi, everyone! Luckily things have been fairly smooth lately so I haven't written an update in a while. The Labetorol seems to be controlling my BP pretty well, it's running around 128/78 which is certainly an improvement! I had an ultrasound and amnio on Friday (I am 38 so my dr. recommended the amnio). I was hoping to find out the sex from the US, but they said it was too early. I was at 16 weeks, but the baby measured like 15 weeks, not a huge difference I guess, but I think I am REALLY 17 weeks so that is a bigger difference. I was worried that the Labetorol might be restricting the baby's growth, and I am going to ask my dr. about that. I didn't really get much new info for the whole experience. The amnio was not a pleasant experience. I really had not wanted to have one, but my dr. convinced me that with this high risk pregnancy, any information we could gather was important to gather.

I do certainly feel much, much better health-wise than a month ago. I'm feeling more hopeful lately! I feel the baby move a LOT, even this early on! Actually I think I've been feeling movement since 10 weeks--although I know that's not usually possible! It's a great feeling!

Hope all have a good Sunday and are doing well today.

Suzanne (37) and DH Tony (41) + William (9, severe PE, born at 32 weeks) and Freddy (6, fairly typical pregnancy) and Baby (due approx. 8/26/04!)
suzanne

Re : Update/Ultrasound

Postby mada » Sun Mar 14, 2004 05:47 am

HI Suzanne,
I am glad your bp's are down. That's great! Oh I know the amnio is no fun. U had one with Sam to make sure his lungs were developed and I had to go back twice as I was so scared my bp went through the roof!! But, It's over and they will certainly be able to tell you all sorts of things. And you can know the sex of baby for sure....Glad baby is moving all about, it's such a wonderful feeling!!

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.
mada

Postby pugmommy7 » Sun Mar 14, 2004 09:17 am

Hang in there, it'll all be worth it!!

Isn't is weird how much earlier you can feel them in subsequent pregnancies??
I could feel this one at 16 weeks. (I didn't really feel my first until like 20-21.)

Love,
~J

Mama to Bella,1/02/03, born 33 and 5/7 weeks at 3 lbs,6oz.Pre-E and PIH,& HELLP.
Babygirl #2,EDD 6/24/04
pugmommy7

Postby julie f » Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:22 am

Suzanne,

Thanks for the update! I'm glad your bps are holding! I can imagine that the amnio must be scary but, I pray that it gives you lots of GOOD info!! Please let us know when you get your results, can't wait to find out if baby is a boy or girl!

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Southern California Coordinator
julie f

Postby sweetiesuzy » Mon Mar 15, 2004 06:28 am

Suzanne,
Glad to see your update! Amnios are no fun. I had one with Chloe and it was a VERY bad experience for me. You will be able to know if there is pink or blue on the horizon and that is soooo exciting!! Please let me know [:)]
Happy to see good bps!!

Hugs,
Suzanna

DS 3/25/95
DD 10/26/01 stillbirth
DS 12/30/02
AND ~ Peanut edd 8/6/04(It will be July)
sweetiesuzy

Return to Pregnant Again?