Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Come help with a PF fundraiser in Florida!!!

Come help with a PF fundraiser in Florida!!!

Postby carolh » Tue May 30, 2006 11:33 pm

by carolh (206 Posts), Tue May 30, 2006 11:33 pm

http://www.preeclampsia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16712

Hi Florida members!

Wanted to encourage anyone who can drive to the West Coast on June 17th to help us out with a fun and exciting fundraiser that has been locally planned and driven by one of our own hardworking, committed members - Alli Creek. See the link above which appears in the Events Calendar at the top of the Forum. Alli's email address and phone number appear in the link. If you are interested in helping her out (and she would love some extra help!!!) please contact her asap. It would be awesome to use this opportunity to gather and meet some of you ladies....and I know everyone is always looking for a way to help get involved in the PF more than just posting on the Forum. Here's your chance!

Hope to see many of you there!

carolh

Re : Come help with a PF fundraiser in Florida!!!

Postby allic » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:32 am

by allic (232 Posts), Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:32 am

Hello ladies! I only received one response to Carol's request for help with the Silver King Banquet to benefit OUR foundation. So far, I've only been able to sell 20 of the 300 tickets for the event on June 17th. Is anyone planning to attend or can anyone help me sell these tickets???
Those of you who live a little farther from Punta Gorda: you can come for the weekend (bring the husbands) and come to the banquet on Saturday night and then to the beach on Sunday morning to watch the championship Tarpon Tournament. I've pretty much been a "one-man-band" with this event and I truly don't mind, but had hoped to make this a true Preeclampsia Foundation event. Without more survivors there, besides myself, we won't have the presence I had hoped for. Is anyone out there who can give me a hand??? Besides, I look forward to meeting some of you and helping Carol get our Florida chapter moving towards doing some great things. So, Carol's request for help has turned into my "plea" for help.

Love,
Your PE Sister,
allic

Postby allic » Sun Jun 04, 2006 00:38 am

by allic (232 Posts), Sun Jun 04, 2006 00:38 am

Well, I'm up to 61 tickets sold and A LOT of awareness spread. The host of the Professional Tarpon Tournament TV show had me get up infront of a bunch of "salty sea captains" tonight and tell them all about Preeclampsia and why I'm involved with the foundation. I've never been so nervous, but EVERY ONE of them listened so attentively (I was surprised). I told them about my experience and some of the women--and men that I've read about from the forum. I've had a pretty frustrating week, but standing up there, as nervous as I was and speaking about the devastating effects PE has had on us, whether it's losing the dream of having a family or losing a child or wife or mother, they all listened...and then got out their wallets and bought my tickets. I felt like you all were there with me. And on the way home, I had a good cry because I looked back at my little rug rats and though how lucky I am and how unfair it is that we lose so much to a disease that no one really seems to know about. Hopefully we will continue to change that--even if it's only one "salty sea captain" at a time.

I wish you all could have seen the response...it was awesome. I still need help-but I'm pretty sure I'll sell atleast half the 300 tickets to this audience. We have an ad running in the paper this week. Keep your fingers crossed!
allic

Postby caryn » Sun Jun 04, 2006 02:17 am

by caryn (10110 Posts), Sun Jun 04, 2006 02:17 am

Alli, thank you so much for doing this.

Every step helps get us there!
caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby nicoleharrison » Sun Jun 04, 2006 08:34 am

by nicoleharrison (249 Posts), Sun Jun 04, 2006 08:34 am

I would love to come and wish I had known earlier. That day is my husbands 30th birthday and we are having a party at our house. I do have brochures at my house if you need them. Let me know if there's anything I can do leading up to the event.

Nicole (Palm Harbor (Tampa), FL)
nicoleharrison

Postby allic » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:05 am

by allic (232 Posts), Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:05 am

Caryn - You're Welcome. [:)] Thank you. My husband keeps reminding me that our local Pediatric Cancer Foundation was started by two moms, years ago, and now it's huge...and that even baby steps are good.

Nicole -Thanks for your offer of help...enjoy your party-30 is important. Turning 30 didn't make me feel as old as being told I was done having kids...sortof weird to not have been 30 yet and to be finished with the baby phase of life. Anyway! Hope he has a really great time and maybe you guys can help next year.

I use to live in Palm Harbor (Boot Ranch off of East Lake) and live just North of there now. We should see if we can get a group together and meet up once a month or something.

Have a great time at the party and unless you know someone who would want to buy tickets or donate an auction item. I think I've got it covered. Still need a "presence of survivors," but hopefully some of the other girls can come and just haven't told me yet. You can't be the only other gal in Florida! [:)]

We're in Boca Grande, FL for Tarpon season, but will be back north, the first week in July. Shoot me an email if you're interested in getting together!

Your PE Sister,
allic

Postby noahsmom » Mon Jun 05, 2006 04:33 pm

by noahsmom (45 Posts), Mon Jun 05, 2006 04:33 pm

Hi Alli,

I just read this post and would have loved to help, but I can't go the weekend of the 17th [:(]

If there are any other fundraisers or awareness events planned for Florida, I would be very happy to be involved. I live in St. Petersburg.

Sarah
noahsmom

Postby jillmushet » Thu Jun 08, 2006 07:04 pm

by jillmushet (860 Posts), Thu Jun 08, 2006 07:04 pm

Hi Alli: I have family in your area and have let them know about the event. Unfortunately, my aunt is a nurse and always works Saturdays. Wish I could be there to help out and cheer on the tournament.

Best of luck with everything!
jillmushet

Postby allic » Fri Jun 09, 2006 09:48 am

by allic (232 Posts), Fri Jun 09, 2006 09:48 am

Thank you all for offering to help out. Seems like everyone has something to do that weekend. [:(] I've been keeping so busy, just plugging along, that I haven't thought about it much. I'll have to get the date for next year ASAP, so everyone can plan around the date. There aren't any other fundraisers planned as far as I know. There are two of us who want to meet up sometime after July 5th. I'll post here when we decide to do it. The other gal is from Palm Harbor and I'm just north of there.

Thank you all, again!

Your PE Sister,
Alli
allic

Postby allic » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:39 pm

by allic (232 Posts), Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:39 pm

Just an update: 168 tickets sold!!! Over $11,000 in auction items donated. Country music singer, Jeff Carson to perform at next year's event and I have an additional major sponsor for next year in addition to Jim Beam, Miller, Yamaha Motors and Coca Cola who donated product for this year! YAHHHH!!! [:p]
allic

Next

Return to Florida