Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Walk to Remember

Walk to Remember

Postby allic » Sat Sep 30, 2006 09:13 am

by allic (232 Posts), Sat Sep 30, 2006 09:13 am

I've found one in Jacksonville on October 8th at 2pm. It looks like it's the only one in Florida. Is anyone interested in meeting there to remember our babies? Please let me know. I think we might drive up for the day from the Tampa area.

Love,
Alli
allic

Re : Walk to Remember

Postby josiah1112 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:16 pm

by josiah1112 (1368 Posts), Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:16 pm

So how many hours is it from Tampa?It sounds tempting but I'm
not sure about taking Jeffrey...I wish it was in Tampa or closer.
josiah1112

Postby robertmyangel » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:58 pm

by robertmyangel (450 Posts), Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:58 pm

Hi Allie,

I would love to go, I wish I knew sooner it's just so hard for me to make last minute plans and it is so far to drive and then have to drive all the way back to go to work the next day. I so wish that I could go for my baby boy. I am going to an event called FORGET ME NOT. I recieved an invitation from a member of my local support group. It is on October 21st at 11:00 am to 2:00 pm. It is a special ceremony for all the babies that lost their lives. We will plant a special garden and then release butterflies in the garden after we have lunch. It will be held here in South Florida, Davie area. I wish that you all could come, that would be a dream come true for me to meet you all.

Allie , I wish that I could go with you, it is just too late to make plans, I have to give my job early notice (weeks). Please let me know if your going, and how it goes.
robertmyangel

Postby allic » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:27 am

by allic (232 Posts), Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:27 am

I know it's last minute, but I thought I'd throw it out there. We are going to be in that area anyway for a fishing deal for my husband. I believe it's 3 1/2 hours. I don't know very many babies that would tolerate all that driving. (My kids are older and use to a lot of time in the car...we just drove 24 hours straight to CT...like it was a walk in the park.)

I think Davie is 4 hours...maybe 5 from me...but I know you could use some support and I will talk to my husband. Davie is near Miami, right? He knows the head baseball coach out there and we could maybe make a weekend out of it. I'll let you know. Would you like to post information about it and invite the others to come? I know there are a few members on that coast.

Thanks for responding. We'll figure out something. Maybe we can organize one for next October on the east coast, or somewhere in between.
allic

Return to Florida