Introduction

Re : Introduction

Postby wheresmyskirt » Fri Jul 28, 2006 07:24 am

Thanks for the welcome Alli [:)] Tamarac is just south of Coral Springs just north of Ft. Lauderdale. My mom lives 5 minutes from me. Meeting all of you in the group would be great. Yea knowing my story and how little I was and what a hard time my mom had surviving through it all is a miracle we both are here today. Miracles do happen..Especially in THIS forum.
wheresmyskirt

Postby robertmyangel » Fri Jul 28, 2006 07:21 pm

Hello Ingred and Alli,

My name is Shonie, I am 23 yrs old and a surviver of PE and HELLP. I recently lost my son Robert @ 24 weeks gestation, due to the early onset of PE and HELLP. My mother had PE with her first pregnancy and lost her baby girl @ 28 weeks (stillborn), so I do have a family history. I live in Lauderhill FL, which is not too far from Tamarac. I am also interested in getting together with other Florida members. I think that it is a big stepping stone, and a great idea. I don't have much of a social life right now due to my recent experience, just work and the internet. I would love to get together with you all and share more of my story. I spend most of my time posting in the GREIF and LOSS forum to vent and support new members. I am looking forward to hearing from you... Feel free to email me anytime @ robertmyangel@yahoo.com... Much Love!!!
robertmyangel

Postby josiah1112 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 08:40 pm

HI All,

I'd be game to getting together in the future.I would need plenty of
time notice,though.Thanks for sharing your story-wheresmyskirt(interesting name!LOL).I'm glad both you and your mom are fine.

RobertMyAngel-I'm so sorry for your loss.I also lost my firstborn.
It is a grief that though it gets better it is always with you and
it changes you.

Let us know Alli.

Take CAre.
josiah1112

Postby allic » Sun Jul 30, 2006 08:45 pm

OK, I see that Ft. Lauderdale is about four hours from Tampa. Do either of you on the east coast have family or friends you could stay with on the west coast?....or would you be up for staying with one of your PE sisters for the night? It looks like the majority of us that have told me they are interested in meeting up, are on the west coast.

The other option would be to take a day trip to the Naples zoo (about 2 hours from either Tampa or Tamarac--a little over 2 for Tampa) and make a day out of it...bring the families, etc.

Let me know what you guys think and we'll plan a little Florida PE sisters (and brothers) day.
allic

Postby pattie1tom » Mon Jul 31, 2006 09:33 am

Hi All,
I am in North Port, 1/2 hour south of sarasota and north of Ft. Myers. I am glad to see this thread up and running again. It was quiet for some time. I would be up for a day trip with my dd. Let's keep posting.
Pattie
pattie1tom

Postby gilma » Mon Jul 31, 2006 05:49 pm

Hey Hey Hey!!! Don't forget about me!!! I'm on the east coast in the Titusville/Cocoa area. My husband works in the St.Pete area sometimes so I might could make that work. I'd be willing to travel anyway. Anyway! Count me in!
gilma

Postby robertmyangel » Mon Jul 31, 2006 08:39 pm

Sounds good to me Alli, I might ride solo being that my fiance is a workaholic.... Glad to see the responses, count me in!
robertmyangel

Postby allic » Wed Aug 02, 2006 01:27 pm

The Tarpon Tournament is in Boca Grande (VERY CLOSE TO NORTH PORT) every May-June, so I'm going to be recruiting Pattie to help with the fundraising next year!!! [:D]

Seeing how it feels like 200 degrees outside, do we want to wait on our day trip until things cool off a little? October, maybe? OR does anyone have ideas for an indoor, kid friendly, day trip we can consider in the next few weeks?

I'm going to move this to a new thread called "Get Together," so we can keep this thread going for new introductions.

And if anyone in the Tampa/St. Pete area (or anyone who could feasibly get there) is up for a lunch/dinner date in a week or two, please let me know. How many interested in that?

I'd love the opportunity to get to know all of you, share my FL fundraising experience, and the details of the conference with you all personally. Hope to see you all very soon!
Love,
Alli
allic

Postby wheresmyskirt » Wed Aug 02, 2006 02:28 pm

Sounds good to me..I'd defenitely be up to meeting all of you guys..but if we could wait till the weather got a little cooler even better [:D]
wheresmyskirt

Previous

Return to Florida