Post Reply FAQ Members Login

COLORADO- INTRODUCTIONS

COLORADO- INTRODUCTIONS

Postby tafkap » Mon Feb 21, 2005 08:40 pm

by tafkap (591 Posts), Mon Feb 21, 2005 08:40 pm

Please "sign in" here by letting us know your name, your child(ren)s name, and perhaps a bit of your birth story.

[:)]

tafkap

Re : COLORADO- INTRODUCTIONS

Postby beckty » Tue Feb 22, 2005 07:56 am

by beckty (168 Posts), Tue Feb 22, 2005 07:56 am

Wow, so glad you had such a great turn out.

My apologies to all of you for not being able to be there. I am JUST NOW coming out of some pretty bad morning (read: all day) sickness and a bad bronchitis attack. I just could not see myself going up to Denver. But I hope to make the next meeting as things calm down for me.

My name is Becky and I am currently 13 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child. I have one son at home (Tyler-10) and a husband of two years. We lost a second child (William) at 27 weeks gestation last year, due to a 15 week placental abruption followed by weeks of bedrest and then a severe quick onset case of Pre E and HELLP syndrome. He was a beautiful child and we were blessed to have been pregnant with him and had him in our lives.

So far, this pregnancy is trouble free. Last time I was bleeding at 9 weeks and had already exhibited signs of IUGR, which my peri feels was due to insufficient blood supply/placental attachment from the very beginning.

I SO look forward to meeting all of you at the next meeting! [:)]

Becky

Mom to Tyler (10) and William (in Jesus' arms at 27 weeks. 01/18/04 - Severe placental abruption at 15 weeks followed by severe PE and HELLP at 27 weeks. Delivery by emergency c-section)

Pregnant Again!! edd 08/31/05
beckty

Postby jenn » Sat Feb 26, 2005 04:09 pm

by jenn (2038 Posts), Sat Feb 26, 2005 04:09 pm

Add me to the MIA at the Feb meeting [:p]
I live in Pueblo West which is like 100 miles south of Denver, and we were up the day before... I just couldn't do it again that soon.

Anyways...
I'm Jenn (Jennifer, Jenn, Jennie, Mom, Mom-mom.... [;)])
I'm the proud mama of Jaidyn (4) and Natalia Rosse (3 months).

My PE/HELLP story (in a nutshell):

Noticed major weight gain for about a month before Jai was born.
So bad that I took the laces out of the new shoes I had gotten for xmas just to cram my foot in.
I just felt like poop.
I carted my bootie to the midwife many times complaining..and was told I was just fine...GO HOME.
I believed that for far too long.
So long that I got very ill.
Woke up one Sunday morning and Jai wasn't moving in the tum tum.
It was a Sunday so I had to go to the L&D.
But I still wasn't convinived I was ill (brainwashed if you will)
So I helped hubbs change a tire on our truck on our way to the hospital. Now that's what I call draggin your feet [xx(]
Once there they did an u/s and baby moved. (horray!) But then the pee stick came back ugly (+3 protein) edema (+3)
Then came the blood pressure of 210/188....before I knew it I was on my way to a level three hosptial 60 miles from home on a mag trip from *.
Our sweet Jai was born 3 days later and 10 wks to soon from PE that turned HELLP.
She weighed 2.12. lbs
I can actually say I've held my heart in the palm of my hand.
She was a fighter (still is, lil' stinker) she stayed in the NICU for 6 wks.

So here we are 4 years later and one more baby added to our family.
Natalia Rosse was born @ 38 wks at the end of an amazingly normal pg!

Today Jai still has a few minor issues like feeding, and developmental delays...but we are seeing an end to all... slowly but surely.
We are a very blessed family and reflect in that daily, how lucky we are, though changed forever from the day we learned the words Preeclampsia and HELLP.

Jenn (25)
Shad (29)

Daughters:
Jaidyn, 4
"My PE/HELLP baby"
born @ 30 wks
2 lbs 12 oz

Natalia, 3 months
Born @ 38 weeks
Picture perfect pg!
6 lbs 6 oz
jenn
Forum Moderator

Postby beckty » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:59 am

by beckty (168 Posts), Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:59 am

Jenn, did you end up at ******** here in the Springs? Just curious. That's where I was. I started off at *********, but because of our situation they moved me to ******* because of the level 2 NICU. 60 miles sounds about right from there to Pueblo.

Becky

Mom to Tyler (10) and William (in Jesus' arms at 27 weeks. 01/18/04 - Severe placental abruption at 15 weeks followed by severe PE and HELLP at 27 weeks. Delivery by emergency c-section)

beckty

Postby jenn » Tue Mar 01, 2005 06:35 pm

by jenn (2038 Posts), Tue Mar 01, 2005 06:35 pm

Becky, yup' that's the one ;o)
I had no idea that place exsisted until Jai was born.
I was "ambulanced" via Flight for Life team there.
They said flying would have put to much strain on my body and I more than likely would have stroked out.... heck I changed a tire on a 4x4 hours before ;o)
Goes to show ya' PE is a very scary thing. There was no way for me to know my bp was that insane.

So the second time around I just bypassed the flight team and saw the peri from day 1!
I just loved the MFM and care I receieved there (there: ie; the hospital we both know we are talking about but can't mention outloud ;o)

I wish you the best with this peanut girlie.
And who knows, if baby shows a few weeks early...we'll share a birthday! Mine's the 16th ;o)
Gotta' love those Leo's :o)

Jenn (25)
Shad (29)

Daughters:
Jaidyn, 4
"My PE/HELLP baby"
born @ 30 wks
2 lbs 12 oz

Natalia, 3 months
Born @ 38 weeks
Picture perfect pg!
6 lbs 6 oz
jenn
Forum Moderator

Postby beckty » Wed Mar 02, 2005 02:22 pm

by beckty (168 Posts), Wed Mar 02, 2005 02:22 pm

LOL!!! I think the LAST thing I need is another Leo in the house. Hubby is one, and he's a handful enough. And he knows it. Thank God for Libra's like me to balance it all out. [;)]

I had no idea we couldn't name a hosp. by name, since city names are ok and the one I named was a VERY generic one. Too funny. Oh well.

I have ALSO skipped the regular doc. Well, no, I am seeing my regular OB. But I saw my Peri before I saw her this time. I did NOT like the Doctor I saw at the MFM group there, so I am seeing one in Denver. They rubbed me the wrong way, and then had all these conflicting reports when I presented at their hospital with PreE and HELLP. They couldn't decide what I had. No thanks!

Becky

beckty

Postby alimarie » Thu May 26, 2005 10:03 pm

by alimarie (530 Posts), Thu May 26, 2005 10:03 pm

hello! I am ali and have just moved to steamboat springs. we have a three...almost four year old and have been ttc for a long time now. we are enjoying our new area greatly! look forward to getting toknow you all. i am on and off again on this rihgt now due to computer issues :)

i delivered my baby girl at 35 weeks after being life flighted to albuquerque. very scary very quickly but had a beautiful ending!

AliMarie---mommy to Madalyn Anne-born at 35 wks due to severe pe (9/18/2001 4lbs. 14oz.)

TTC #2
alimarie

Postby jknutsen » Tue Jun 07, 2005 02:04 pm

by jknutsen (103 Posts), Tue Jun 07, 2005 02:04 pm

Hi, I'm Joyce in Denver (originally from PA) and I just joined the PE foundation a while back. I developed PIH last year around 26wks pg with my son, Anton. Went on bedrest soon after & was induced at 34w2d and delivered the next day after 15 hours of labor that included a lovely mag bag, pitocin & antibiotics b/c I never got to have my GBS test done. Well, after crashing the night after delivery & finally being stabilized, my husband, Chuck, and I were able to bring our little super guy home after 8 days in SJ's NICU.

I cannot say enough about that hospital. If you're curious, email me & I'll tell you which one. They had the best, most caring, experienced staff top to bottom. They kept me well informed the entire time and were extremely patient with 2 terrified new parents of a preemie.

Now, Chuck and I are busy chasing our mischevieous little Anton around since he's learning to walk. Yay! He'll be 1 year old on 6/28!!!! We've been blessed this past year, no problems, no missed milestones! Wow!

I am looking forward to helping in anyway I can. It absolutely amazes me that I had to find out about this terrible disease from the internet & not from my OB.

Good Luck Becky with your pregnancy! I wish you & your baby a safe, uncomplicated few more months!

Joyce (Severe PE)
DS Anton - born 6wks early (10.5 mos now)
jknutsen

Postby kel010 » Thu Jun 16, 2005 09:37 pm

by kel010 (2 Posts), Thu Jun 16, 2005 09:37 pm

quote:
Originally posted by Jknutsen

Hi, I'm Joyce in Denver (originally from PA) and I just joined the PE foundation a while back. I developed PIH last year around 26wks pg with my son, Anton. Went on bedrest soon after & was induced at 34w2d and delivered the next day after 15 hours of labor that included a lovely mag bag, pitocin & antibiotics b/c I never got to have my GBS test done. Well, after crashing the night after delivery & finally being stabilized, my husband, Chuck, and I were able to bring our little super guy home after 8 days in SJ's NICU.

I cannot say enough about that hospital. If you're curious, email me & I'll tell you which one. They had the best, most caring, experienced staff top to bottom. They kept me well informed the entire time and were extremely patient with 2 terrified new parents of a preemie.

Now, Chuck and I are busy chasing our mischevieous little Anton around since he's learning to walk. Yay! He'll be 1 year old on 6/28!!!! We've been blessed this past year, no problems, no missed milestones! Wow!

I am looking forward to helping in anyway I can. It absolutely amazes me that I had to find out about this terrible disease from the internet & not from my OB.

Good Luck Becky with your pregnancy! I wish you & your baby a safe, uncomplicated few more months!

Joyce (Severe PE)
DS Anton - born 6wks early (10.5 mos now)

Kristie Peroni
kel010

Postby allish » Tue Jul 12, 2005 09:43 pm

by allish (79 Posts), Tue Jul 12, 2005 09:43 pm

My name is Alice H, I live in Thornton, CO.

My son will be three in August. I was diagnosed PE at 29 weeks and put on bed rest. I made it to 37 weeks (BP was at 170/120 on bad days) and was induced and delivered at Avista in Louisville.

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism a year ago. According to the new hypothyroidism guidelines, I have actually been hypo for at least 6 years, probably longer. It's possible this contributed to my PE.

I am 4 weeks, 5 days pregnant today [:D]
allish

Next

Return to Colorado