Dealing with one year anniversary

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

Dealing with one year anniversary

Postby kimb » Thu Jul 08, 2004 05:30 pm

I know there are several women dealing with it being their angels first birthday this month and I just thought I would share how it was for me. The days leading up to Will's birthday had some very hard moments. I sobbed through the fireworks on the 4th. I went through his memory box a few days earlier and sobbed more. And then just broke down at various times. Yesterday, Will's birthday, was amazingly peaceful for me. We woke up at 7 and said happy birthday to Will at 7:07 - and then went back to sleep. I had taken the day off work so if I had emotions to deal with I could on my own terms. My husband stayed home with me for part of the morning and then went to work, I did a little housework and watched some tv - my mom and sister called to see how I was doing and I was able to have "normal" conversations with them without tears. Mike and I went out to dinner with his parents and then released balloons, that was the only time I cried yesterday, and it was a gentle cry. I am amazed at how "at peace" I feel now that the first year is over, it feels light a great weight has been lifted off my shoulders, there is no more "a year ago I was pregnant" to bring me down. Don't get me wrong - I don't love or miss him any less - I just have more peace. I hope that this will help ease some of your apprehensions of your anniversaries to come - as for me the apprehensions were the hardest. Thank you all for all of your support when I have needed it and wishing you all well.

Kim 35
William Michael - my angel - pe/HELLP 7/7/03
kimb

Re : Dealing with one year anniversary

Postby angelkat » Thu Jul 08, 2004 06:55 pm

Kim....

I'm so glad that your day was a peaceful one. William was right along side of you!...

I think the hardest part of the grief process is getting thru the first angel date/birthday.

Sending you prayers of comfort & cont strength...

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(13)PE 37 wks
Ky (11)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey Looking at Aug
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/lifestory.cfm?Archive_ID=10971&Directory=/Archives/MountHope&Sort=V
angelkat

Postby for faith » Fri Jul 09, 2004 09:17 am

Thanks for sharing, so glad that the day was peaceful. Faith has been gone 6 months and I am hoping that I am able to have as peaceful of a time. Know that William was with you, helping you through.

Wishing you continued peace.

Jill
mommy to:
Tyler - 4 (36 wks, PIH)
Angel baby - 1/20/03 (11 wks)
Faith Kristine - 1/5/04-1/30/04 (30 weeks due to severe PE, passed due to NEC & Sepsis(preemie complications))

trying for #2 to share our lives with since 9/02
for faith

Postby annegarrett » Fri Jul 09, 2004 01:37 pm

Kim,

I have been thinking of you. I hope to see you both at the conference. Please take care.

Love,

Anne Garrett
Executive Director
Preeclampsia Foundation
annegarrett

Return to Grief and Loss