I HAD IT TOO!!

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

I HAD IT TOO!!

Postby j betts » Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:48 am

I am introducing myself. I have been a member for quite sometime, but I am now just posting my story. My name is Jacinta. My husband Michael & I lost our beautiful daughter, Mia Alexandra 1 1/2 years ago at Christmas(12/23/02) from a complete placental abruption. I was 36 weeks pregnant and developed a severe, rapid onset of pre-e and HELLP. I did not have pre-existing hypertension issues. My readings pre-pregnancy were in the 100/115(systolic) over 60/70(diastolic) My last dr.'s visit was Friday 12/20/02, and my pressure was elevated(120/90). I had no visual swelling, or protein(???). They did the dipstick test, but there was NO mention about hypertension(PIH), or pre-e or preterm labor. On Wednesday 12/18/02, I had an u/s and Biophysical Profile with NST, and those looked good with her(except the dr. said she was a little small(SGA/IUGR?) and results were normal(???). On that Friday, the NST was done again and after my readings were 118/86 & 82. The doctor never gave me any instructions(meds, monitoring or bedrest). He just sent me home. Actually, he never came out to talk to me after the NST. I thought everything was OK, because there was nothing said. Within the next couple days, things drastically changed. I don't remember about any headaches or other symptoms before then. I look back now and realize that I had some unusual heartburn and later on had low urine output. On Sunday 12/22/02 in the evening, I started bleeding(bright red). I didn't want to assume something was wrong. I just thought I was getting an early Christmas gift. I went straight to the ER. On the way, I started to get the upper right abdominal pain. My pressure was over 200/100, I heard. Then, those dreadful words came. THERE IS NO HEARTBEAT!! My whole life felt like it came to an end----my baby was gone. I delivered her vaginally on Monday 12/23/02 @ 4 lbs. 12 oz. 19 in. long. I was given the choice to deliver via c-section, but I opted not to. Along with the pitocin, I was on a mega dose of mag sulfate, and Demerol. I couldn't get an epidural because my platelets were too low. I just went through the pain. Definitely, the loss of my baby girl has been the greatest pain. We have no living children. This was my 2nd pregnancy; I had a blighted ovum @ 12 weeks in 2001. Unfortunately, now I still have high blood pressure. It is hereditary(mother and grandmother). I am the only one in my family that has had this and has lost their child/children. All my friends have healthy children too. It is very difficult grieving for my daughter, and have other things like this to deal with also. I more than likely will have this the rest of my life.

I would like to extend my heartfelt sympathies to all of you that have gone through this horrible disease and have lost your baby also. I keep you in my thoughts daily.

Jacinta
Mommy to Mia Alexandra
12/23/02(stillborn @ 36 wks due to complete placental abruption, caused by severe PRE-E and HELLP SYNDROME)

Mia, "MY BUMPKIN"----
You complete me
You are my LIFE, my HEART and SOUL, forever...
my sweet, precious baby girl
I LOVE YOU!!!
j betts

Re : I HAD IT TOO!!

Postby josiah1112 » Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:11 am

Jacinta,

Thank you for sharing your story with us. I
am so sorry this has happened. Your onset was
so rapid... Have you been able to get any
answers. I was looking for answers to my
severe onset of pre eclampsia early on and
had been unable to get one. Recently, I
started seeing a doctor who is an internist/
nutritonist and naturalist who specializes
in underlying disorders. She was able to
diagnose that I have an allergy to sodium and
salt that has been stressing my kidneys for
years. This knowledge, even though,
it will not bring back my baby has been
useful for me in devising a health treatment
in terms of my future health and possible
pregnancy. Please feel free to post here
whenever you feel the need. We are here for
you!!. Lots of love and blessed
thoughts to you!!

Gloria mom to Josiah 11/12/03- 12/4/03 @ 26wks pre e
Moderator- Foro Latino
Future Adoptive Mom
josiah1112

Postby angelkat » Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:03 am

Jacinta,

I hate to have to welcome you to the forum. I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Please always feel free to post your thoughts, or anything you would like about your angel. My thoughts and prayers are with you.....

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(13)PE 37 wks
Ky (11)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey Looking at Aug
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/lifestory.cfm?Archive_ID=10971&Directory=/Archives/MountHope&Sort=V
angelkat

Postby julie f » Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:20 am

Jacinta,

I am so very sorry for your loss. There is nothing that compares to the heartache of losing your precious baby...

Again, I am so very sorry. I pray for peace and comfort for you and your husband.

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Miracle in progress... #2 is due February 2005!!!

Southern California Coordinator
julie f

Postby heatherbbb » Sat Jul 24, 2004 02:51 pm

Jacinta,

I am so sorry for such horrible trajedies in your life. I just lost my baby boy in Febuary. I never in my wildest imagination thought something like that would happen to me. My heart goes out to you. I hope this forum may be a comfort to you. It is a comfort to me to see that this is a widespread disease that happens to many good people. I was in no way singled out.

I think this forum is a good place to voice your grief for your daughter. There are many that understand here. Though time does help to heal the heart some, I will always miss my son and I am sure you will always miss your daughter. And that is as it should be. I am not the same person I was before I had my son. The experience changed me. An older couple stopped me in church a few months ago and told me that they had a baby that only lived for half an hour 21 years ago. Their eyes got teary as they told me. I asked them if it still hurt after so long, and they said yes, it still hurts.

Jacinta, I thank you for sharing your story and wish you all the best!

Mother of Seth Russell, delivered 26 weeks due to PE 9/3/03-2/13/04
http://members.cox.net/heatherbbb/seth/seth.htm
Due with baby # 2 Feb 1, 2005
heatherbbb

Postby amillhouse » Fri Jul 30, 2004 08:46 pm

Jacinta:
My heart breaks for you - for all of us. I miss all of our children and especially my Isaiah.[V] Thank you for sharing. I know - it hurts sooo much. My BP is starting to come right but I am still on meds so I don't know what that means. Hope to hear from you more. We are here for you.

Anika

Mommy to Isaiah Dumisani Millhouse
20 January - 17 February 2004
Born at 28 weeks due to severe pre-eclampsia
Died at 28 days old of pneumonia
610 grams at birth
950 grams at death
My Angel Boy
"My firstborn, I will never forget you, always love you, and never replace you"
[URL=http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/d/dumisani]Isaiah's Website[/URL]
amillhouse

Postby for faith » Tue Aug 10, 2004 04:44 pm

I am so sorry for your loss, my heart breaks too when I think of others having the same pain of losing a child to this disease. Thank you for sharing your story. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Take Care.

Jill
mommy to:
Tyler - 4 (36 wks, PIH (just told by peri it was mild PE))
Angel baby - 1/20/03 (11 wks)
Faith Kristine - 1/5/04-1/30/04 (30 weeks due to severe PE, passed due to NEC & Sepsis(preemie complications))

trying for #2 to share our lives with since 9/02
for faith

Return to Grief and Loss