Where is everyone???

Where is everyone???

Postby misscoleyp » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:41 pm

Texans are probably the most prideful people I know. It is a shame that the Texas ladies aren't showing more of a force for PF. Here is a little quiz so that we can get to know each other better and get motivated to be more active in our communities.

Where do you live:

Where were you born:

Married? If so, how long and DH's name:

How many earthly children do you have:

How many angels do you have:

Do you have any furbabies:

How has PE changed your life:

What type of efforts would you be interesting in volunteering in?
IE. Walk-A-Thon, Saving Grace, Brochure Distribution, Counciling others who have suffered through PE, putting together memory baskets for hospitals, putting together bedrest baskets, putting together premmie baskets, the possiblities are endless...

What motivates you to make a difference?
misscoleyp

Re : Where is everyone???

Postby misscoleyp » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:49 pm

Where do you live:
Sanger, which is North of Denton, which is North of Dallas

Where were you born:
Houston. Lived in Texas all my life and can't see myself anywhere else.

Yes, I have been married to Tim since October 2002.

None

2- See Sig

2 Male Labs, one yellow and one choc

I have to control the inner crazy woman inside that wants to lecture every pregnant woman I see while taking her BP. I am having a very hard time with women that are pregnant and don't take care of themselves. As well as those that are pregnant/have kids and don't deserve them.

IE. Walk-A-Thon, Saving Grace, Brochure Distribution, Counciling others who have suffered through PE, putting together memory baskets for hospitals, putting together bedrest baskets, putting together premmie baskets, the possiblities are endless...

I will do anything I can to spread the awarness about PE and to put a stop to it. Whatever it takes to make a dent.

When I was dx with PE, all I knew was what was in my Prego books. Which wasn't much at all. I had no clue how bad this could get. Even though I trusted my body, I could have done more. There were symptoms I had and didn't say anything because I was afraid of being labeled as paranoid. Wait until they see me next time! I don't want any woman scared to say something about what is happening to their body.
misscoleyp

Postby megansmom » Mon Aug 07, 2006 04:02 pm

Where do you live:
Plano

Where were you born:
Texas, but we lived just on the other side of the OK border

Yes, James, 7 years

2, Megan is 4.5 and Bethany is 1

None

no

How has it not changed my life? I have to keep from telling all pg women about what it is and how serious it can be. I have to control my emotions around anyone approaching the 33 week mark in their pregnancy (that is when things got bad each time). I am no longer blissfully ignorant about pregnancy and how exciting it is. I view pregnancy as a risk to my life and that of my unborn child. The thought of being pregnant again terrifies me. On tghe other hand, it makes me see how pregnancy even with all its challenges can bring great things into your life. I think it also makes me love my babies a little more and makes me hug them a little harder, for I know that they are truly a gift and not to be taken for granted. It has also changed how I view my relationship with my mom. She was there for me both times every step of the way. My husband was also there and was so supportive! It just strengthened that bond that we have. I now know my MIL would do anything for me. She was also there both times and was so helpful. Those 4 weeks in the hospital also showed me who my true friends really are, they are the ones who came to see me. I could go on and on, but I think you get the picture. There is not ONE area of my life that I don't see differently. I even view housework differently since I couldn't do anything for 4 weeks, I just think of that now, and am thankful that I am able to do it now.

Not sure, haven't given that much thought. I'll do whatever I am able to do with a 4 yr old running around and a baby attached to my hip.[;)]

1. My main motivation is that I have 2 baby girls that will want to have their own babies some day and I want to do everything in my power to find a cure by then so that they will not have to go through the same thing!
2. The sooner a cure is found, the fewer women will have to go through the PE experience!
3. Most women out there are so ignorant of the disease and don't think it could ever happen to them. I knew so little about it when I was diagnosed. It sure would have been nice to at least know that it was out there and was a possibility.
megansmom

Postby peanutsmom » Tue Aug 08, 2006 04:32 pm

Where do you live:Lowry Crossing- a tiny town just East of McKinney, which is 30 miles north of Dallas

Where were you born: Kansas

Married? If so, how long and DH's name:Doug since April 1998

How many earthly children do you have:2 beautiful girls

How many angels do you have:none

Do you have any furbabies:3 cats and two dogs

How has PE changed your life: Well- between HELLP and PE, I am having some liver issues that I am just now getting medical attention for. Not sure what the outcome of all this will be. I never knew what HELLP or PE was until I was dying. I am so careful with pg friends- checking on them, but trying not to freak them out. I am scared for my girls- will they get this awful disease? Will they lose babies? It makes me cry to think that they will have to go through any of it. It has made me appreciate life more and value my family. I quit work to be a SAHM- being sick really shifts your priorities in life!

My free time is fairly limited, but I could do something that doesn't have deadlines.
What motivates you to make a difference? I wish that no mother had to lose a baby, and no husbands had to lose a wife to PE and HELLP. I wish women were more educated about the risks they face during pregnancy and would learn to trust their instincts when they aren't feeling well.
peanutsmom

Postby wantanotherbaby » Tue Aug 08, 2006 06:39 pm

quote:
Originally posted by misscoleyp

Texans are probably the most prideful people I know. It is a shame that the Texas ladies aren't showing more of a force for PF. Here is a little quiz so that we can get to know each other better and get motivated to be more active in our communities.

Where do you live:
EL PASO

Where were you born:
EL PASO

YES 4 YEARS PETER

ONE PERFECT GIRL

WELL, THE SAME ONE, HERE ON EARTH :)

NO

IT HAS SCARED ME TO DEATH OF HAVING ANOTHER BABY.

HMM WOULD HAVE TO THINK ABOUT THAT ONE
MY BABY GIRL

wantanotherbaby

Postby misscoleyp » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:23 pm

Yea Ladies!!! Thanks for repling!!!

Dawn- I know what you mean about shifting your priorities. When I was in the hospital and my dr told me that they couldn't get the internal bleeding to stop and they might have to do a hysterectomy, I was like, oh, well, if that's what it takes. Stretch marks and surgery scares don't bother me either. I am alive and that is what matters.

I also don't take work nearly as seriously. I use to never take breaks and squeeze in my lunch. Now, there better be something really serious going on to keep me there.

The Texas group is so quite and I know everyone is busy with families and work and the state is so big so we are spread thin, but we should have a more powerful voice. There was 1 WAT in ALL of Texas last year. I didn't organize one, because I was so new to all of this and barely back to work when they happened.

Dream big... what would it be like if Saving Grace was in Dallas next year? What would you do to help make that happen? How many tickets would you sell and sponors would you recruit? Just think....
misscoleyp

Postby amyholder6 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:58 pm

I would love to join in on any Walk a thon's in the area. I live in Lantana and would love to help spread the awarness of preeclampsia.
amyholder6

Postby misscoleyp » Wed Aug 16, 2006 07:22 pm

Amy, Do you live in Lantana in Bartonville? If so, that is right around the corner from me!

We all need to get together some time. We just need to set a date and do it. If you can show up, great. If you can't, we'll catch you next time. What about having a quarterly get together? That way it is on everyone's calendar and planned out. What do you think?
misscoleyp

Postby megansmom » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:02 am

Sounds great! I am not good at the planning part of it. Seem like every time I plan something no one can be there! So maybe you will have better luck than I did!
megansmom

Postby peanutsmom » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:12 pm

Sounds great. My schedule is pretty flexible, so just let me know. It looks like we have people from Denton to Plano, so far. How about a meeting in Frisco somewhere? How about a nice lunch somewhere without the kids? My youngest is 17 months and is hard to keep entertained for long-unless we are at McDonalds!
peanutsmom

Return to Texas