Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.

Re : New Member

Postby njj20404 » Mon Mar 22, 2004 07:20 am

Welcome, all!!! I am also a new member. I had my son by emergency c-section due to severe pre-e which also came out of nowhere. He is doing really well with his feeds and was up to 3 lbs 15 oz (1780 grams) yesterday. Our little piggy, lol!!! We are hoping we might be able to bring him home in a week or 2!!!

Kim

Kim

Mommy to Nicholas James
born 2/4/04 at 31 weeks (2 lbs 1 oz) due to severe pre-e and placental abruption
njj20404

Postby sandy » Mon Mar 22, 2004 08:04 am

Hi Kim, congratulations on your little guy and welcome!!

~Sandy/DD born via emergency C at 35 wks/1 day June '03 due to Severe PE/class III HELLP/chronic HBP/asthma
sandy

Postby aimeejane » Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:59 am

Welcome all new members, and congrats on your little wonders!!!

Glenda, I wish I could offer you some sage advice, but my knowledge of your granddaughter's syndrome is close to nil. Is there another children's hospital in Mobile where you could get a second opinion? I wish you all the best...Please let us know how she's doing!

Aimee
Georgia State Coordinator

Ds Nicky - 3/24/00 (28 wks - eclampsia)
Ds Kalen - 7/10/03 (36 weeks - preeclampsia)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/k/kalentyler/ (Pswd: ilovemommy)
aimeejane

Postby deerhart » Mon Mar 22, 2004 01:52 pm

Glenda
I am not sure what hospitals specialize in that type of field, but you can look up some of the top childerns hospitals in the country. I know NY and Pennsylvania have very good children's hospitals. St. Louis Children's hospital is another good one.

That should give you a good start at researching different places and leads to others.

Erin

Moderator - First Time Moms, Parents of Preemies
Missouri State Coordinator
Mommy to Alex and Mason
deerhart

Previous

Return to Parents of Preemies