Let me introduce myself

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.

Let me introduce myself

Postby bghmom2003 » Fri Feb 06, 2004 06:37 pm

Hi everyone. I have FINALLY had time to actually slow down enough to find a "support group". My daughter Brooke was born 2/21/03 at 30 weeks gestation. She weighed 2 pounds. She was on the vent for 2 days and left the hospital on an apnea monitor after 5 weeks. She surprised all of us with her quick recovery. I was on bed rest for 2 months and was admitted last year on Valentine's Day until my due date (May 1). As you can relate... I only made it 7 more days until my emergency C-Section. I was on the verge of a stroke and my kidneys and liver were in bad shape. Anyway, Brooke is a thriving baby girl getting ready to celebrate her first birthday. I have so many emotions. She crawled for the first time today. I'm so proud of her. Anyway, I'm so glad to read all of your posts. It's good to know I'm not alone when I worry about her development and all the other issues of preemies. I look forward to hearing for you! We're all so blessed!
bghmom2003

Re : Let me introduce myself

Postby angelical » Fri Feb 06, 2004 09:33 pm

Welcome to our group! Congratulations on your miracle baby. I hope you find the support and friendship that you are seeking here with us. We have all been down the same road that you have.

Sharel

------------------------
Sharel O'Connell
Interim President, Pittsburgh area Chapter
'Parents of Preemies' co-moderator
Survivor of Preeclampsia, HELLP Syndome, & preemie parenting

Wife of Kevin
Mother to Aaron (28 weeker, 5/2/02)
angelical

Postby teresa m » Fri Feb 06, 2004 09:59 pm

Hi. My baby, Emma Rose, was born on 9/25/02 at 25 weeks. She weighed 1 lb 1/2 oz. Emma Rose was on the vent for 7 weeks and was in the hospital for 117 days. She is now 16 months (12 1/2 months adjusted) and doing great. She is walking now and making sounds like Da-Da, Ba-Ba, etc.

I still have a lot of emotions becuase of having preeclampsia (HELLP)and havaing a 25 weeker. I also understand the worries you have about development. Emma Rose does have to wear glasses because she is near sighted. Emma Rose has come a long way in 16 months. I know how excited I was when Emma Rose first crawled. It was like I could check that off our list of worries.

You are not alone and you are right....WE ARE BLESSED!!

Teresa M
Mom to Emma Rose
Born 9/25/02 at 25 weeks
Weighing 1 lb 1 oz
teresa m

Postby angelical » Sat Feb 07, 2004 03:59 am

Teresa, welcome to you too!

While I hate knowing that so many other women have had to experience preeclampsia followed by preemie parenting, I am so glad to see new people here on the Forum. I know I found it helpful to read about others who had similar situations... and people who understand the worries of parenting a tiny baby!

Take care!
Sharel

------------------------
Sharel O'Connell
Interim President, Pittsburgh area Chapter
'Parents of Preemies' co-moderator
Survivor of Preeclampsia, HELLP Syndome, & preemie parenting

Wife of Kevin
Mother to Aaron (28 weeker, 5/2/02)
angelical

Return to Parents of Preemies