Wow... I guess I should introduce myself.

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.
tanjanika

Wow... I guess I should introduce myself.

Postby tanjanika » Tue Feb 10, 2004 08:16 pm

[:I]

I've actually been here for a while... Since about November of 2002 to be exact. I just don't think that I've ever posted before. Oops.

My name is Jani. I'm Mommy to the cutest little guy that you could ever imagine, Joshua. He's a 32wk preemie, born on 6/22/02. He's a big, busy 19 month old now! I developed Severe Preeclampsia, that was initially missed by my primary OB. Fortunately, her colleagues were a little more attuned to my bad situation turned dire, and saved both my, and my baby's life. After talking with a Perinatologist, and allowing him to review my medical records, a few months ago, I was also informed that according to the test results at the time, I had HELLP Syndrome... Nobody ever mentioned that, at the time.

So, here I am. [:)] This site & community has given me a lot of answers, and much needed support over the last year and a half. Thanks!

Jani

Return to “Parents of Preemies”