Checking In

Checking In

Postby mayasmom » Mon Apr 23, 2007 02:43 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been absent from the board for awhile now and thought I would check in and see how everyone was doing. I think about all of you often, but lately I haven't had the time to keep in touch.

My life has changed a lot in the past year. My father-in-law passed away suddenly last May and we have become caregivers to my mother-in-law who has a number of health problems. So between my family and work I haven't had much free time, but I am working on that and plan to visit the board a lot more.

I hope you all have been doing well.
mayasmom

Re : Checking In

Postby hannahsmom » Mon May 14, 2007 11:42 am

Hey, Wendy -

Good to hear from you! I just got back online - we have been having a rough year, as well. I am so sorry to hear about your father-in-law. How are you and the babies doing? We will have to have another get together with the folks in our PE crew.
hannahsmom

Postby mayasmom » Mon May 21, 2007 10:15 am

Hey Suzanne,

Sorry it took me so long to post. We are doing fine. Maya will finish 1st grade this week and Megan started K-2 today. I can't get over how grown up Hannah looks in her picture. She is such a beautiful girl. I hope we can all get together soon.
mayasmom

Postby hannahsmom » Mon May 21, 2007 06:02 pm

Thanks, Wendy -

Glad to hear the girls are doing well. Hannah has to repeat kindergarten [:(][:(] But we understand why - she is not really reading yet and first grade is very demanding, from what we have been told. Her birthday is right at the cutoff so she was the youngest in the class. If she had been born on time she would not have been able to start this year anyway.

Yes, we will have to get together!

hannahsmom

Postby kteacher » Sat Jun 16, 2007 09:08 pm

I teach kindergarten. I can reassure you that you made the right decision. First grade is a different world. I shudder to think of how different it is sometimes. I'm sure your daughter will thrive in repeating kindergarten and come out a leader and confident whereas if you sent her on she may be withdrawn and struggling. I see "repeaters" come out on top tons of times! I wish her the best of luck!
kteacher

Postby hannahsmom » Sun Jun 17, 2007 06:18 pm

Thanks, kteacher! That makes me feel a lot better [:D][:D]
hannahsmom

Postby tinalowe » Sat Jul 28, 2007 05:04 am

Just thought I'd peek in, it's been quite a while for me. We have been so busy with things in our life. I hope everyone is doing well.
tinalowe

Postby hannahsmom » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:39 am

Hi, Tina! Good to "see" you. Hope you're doing well!
hannahsmom

Return to Alabama