Post Reply FAQ Members Login

How was Saving Grace?

How was Saving Grace?

Postby hannahsmom » Tue Oct 27, 2009 07:12 pm

by hannahsmom (1141 Posts), Tue Oct 27, 2009 07:12 pm

This might be posted in another forum and maybe I missed it.
I was just curious how Saving Grace went? I was thinking of everyone this weekend. I really wish I could have gone!
hannahsmom

Re : How was Saving Grace?

Postby rosalinda » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:23 pm

by rosalinda (578 Posts), Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:23 pm

Thanks for posting Suzanne, I was wondering the same thing. Can't wait to see the pictures and read the stories.
rosalinda

Postby kdreher » Wed Oct 28, 2009 08:59 am

by kdreher (2482 Posts), Wed Oct 28, 2009 08:59 am

Jamie Nolan posted on Facebook that the silent auction raised over $46K and that the location for 2010 was announced..SEATTLE...it will be the foundation's 10th yr so what better way to celebrate then having it in it's birth place.

I attended Boston and plan to make it to Seattle.
kdreher

Postby hannahsmom » Wed Oct 28, 2009 09:44 am

by hannahsmom (1141 Posts), Wed Oct 28, 2009 09:44 am

Wow! That's great! I'm so glad it was a success. We have friends in Seattle. I know my husband would be game for a trip up there next year!
hannahsmom

Postby eleni » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:04 am

by eleni (469 Posts), Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:04 am

I think everybody involved in the event is completely wiped out and trying to recover so apologies to all for not posting at least a bit of news right away. I had to go immediately to a business meeting in Indianapolis on Sunday/Monday and Jill is no doubt still huddled under pillows and blankets de-stressing!

However, I have to share a few comments Jill and others have received from those in attendance:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I just wanted to send you a note to tell you what an awesome job you did on Saturday night. Everything went perfectly. The rooms were decorated so beautifully, and the energy in the room – both at the reception and at dinner – was awesome. I LOVED what you did by bringing in Christopher to talk from the perspective of a baby that had been born prematurely because of preeclampsia. That was such a good idea – there was not a dry eye in the room; and the standing ovation for him was incredible. I think Andrew did a fabulous job with the auction and the pledge drive – and how wonderful that the goals were exceeded! Seriously, Jill, everything from beginning to end was just wonderful. You truly raised the bar on this event.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was an amazing experience that I've not stopped thinking about since the event was over! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everything was amazingly presented. I can't even imagine how much work Jill put into it all. We were all an emotional mess afterwards and left quickly. Meeting everyone was great too. ... I am going to try to get very motivated this year and raise some money for next year's event now I see how important this message is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are still glowing from the memories of Saturday. We have been to a number of similar charity events (although truthfully we more often send a small donation and are so happy to stay home!), but this one was the finest we have ever attended. Every detail was meticulously planned, and the beauty of the overall effect was abolutely stunning--from the marvelous picture centerpieces, the wondrous rendition of Amazing Grace accompanying the fabulous slide show, the fun of listening to a great auctioneer aided by Sylvia's comments, to the poignant truths of the stories. We were honored to be in attendance at such a lovingly presented event. I was moved by every story and of course especially by [Christopher's] courage in reading his own story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for a wonderful evening. The best! The Women's Board could take a few notes. Everything [was] high energy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sure there are other comments I've not seen yet, nor have we yet deployed our post-event survey, but I think it's safe to say that Jill and her team hit this one OUT OF THE PARK! The Preeclampsia Foundation is extremely grateful to her and the solid team she assembled and to the 300+ supporters who were able to join us for a beautiful evening.

~ Eleni

eleni
Site Admin

Postby hannahsmom » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:43 am

by hannahsmom (1141 Posts), Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:43 am

Thank you for the update, Eleni! I figured everyone was exhausted. Sounds like it was just wonderful. I am so glad it turned out well. The PF is so important to so many of us, so I am glad that it was such a success!
hannahsmom

Postby beth11 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 03:09 pm

by beth11 (202 Posts), Wed Oct 28, 2009 03:09 pm

Eleni, those comments sum it up perfectly. Beautiful.

I could also rave on and on about the patient symposium! I was beyond honored and impressed to listen to such incredibly brilliant minds and I gained more than I could have possibly hope for. The accommodations (room, lunch, etc.) were also beyond my expectations. Overall, the weekend was an absolutely amazing experience that Bryan and I were thrilled to be a part of. A million thank you's to those who made it possible.

It was also incredible to meet all of you, shake your hand, give you a hug, and talk to you face to face. I am so grateful for the opportunity and can't wait to do it again!

Beth
beth11

Postby Dawn D » Wed Oct 28, 2009 04:29 pm

by Dawn D (504 Posts), Wed Oct 28, 2009 04:29 pm

It was truly an emotional and inspiring night! And lots of $$ raised! It was wonderful to meet (or reconnect with) so many amazing people.
Everyone involved did a fabulous job of making it an unforgettable experience!!! I don't know how Jill pulled every detail together in such a seemless way, but it is so appreciated :-)

And those of you who could not attend, but contributed your stories and photos (Suzane and others) should know you were still a strong part of the spirit of the night.

Dawn D

Postby kdreher » Fri Oct 30, 2009 03:33 pm

by kdreher (2482 Posts), Fri Oct 30, 2009 03:33 pm

Eleni I know how emotional it was in Boston so I can imagine how emotional it was especially hearing from a child's perspective...I'd love to have heard him talk. I know as a mom to a preemie there is guilt at times, though Michael is wonderful, but I'd have loved to hear the words from Christopher and that all was just ok.
kdreher

Postby jamilyn » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:03 pm

by jamilyn (430 Posts), Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:03 pm

That is such great news! I was hoping to make it this year but couldnt travel that far being on Bedrest! cant wait for Seattle next year that'll be great!!!!
jamilyn

Next

Return to Conferences