Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Update on my health

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here

Update on my health

Postby nunyobizniz5 » Sun Feb 08, 2004 07:11 pm

Hello To All Surviors of HELLP;

This is an update from my last posted letter that I had written on Jan.12, 2004. My EEG and MRI was all normal. This is the first time in my life that I have had a normal EEG. So I can't help but to think that my bp even at the highest of 250s/100s has done something to make my EEG to be normal. My kidneys however is another story. They aren't getting any better. My Neuro. suggest that I call my kidney doc. to have some more tests ran to see if my creatine is higher in which is upsetting. The last time it was at 2.6. I am praying it is not higher. I have read your responses and it still amazes me that each survior of the HELLP Syndrome has different stories. I still haven't found anyone that has had the kidney failure as I do. I have read in other stories of only one woman who experience liver abruption. Now I can only imagine how she is doing. I am still trying to find a reason however I know there isn't any. I am also trying to cope with the loss of our daughter. I was 33.2 weeks. That weekend she was doing fine. I am very angry at the OB/GYN Doctor for sending me home knowing I had toximia. I have not seen this man ever since my over three week stay at the hospital and at this time I don't ever want to see him. I can not tell each and every one of you how I am feeling. When they buried her, I was coming out of my coma not totally understanding what had happened. I feel alot of pressure from my husband right now. I know he is hurting and I feel I need to be a rock for him. (This would of been the first daughter/grand-daughter in his family). I do have alot of information of my condition and I love reading each and everyone of you who is giving information. I hope one of these days, these OB/GYN Doctors will be well informed of the HELLP Syndrome and all the other syndromes such as: HUS, TTP, and DIC. In my case the hospital where this took place didn't know of any of these syndromes and I was sent to IU Med. Center in Indianapolis Indiana where they took very good care of me...Now I don't trust any Doctor.

Until Next Time,
Claudette
nunyobizniz5

Return to HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders