Unfortunately I've joined your club.....

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
josiah1112

Re : Unfortunately I've joined your club.....

Postby josiah1112 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 09:10 pm

Hi Leanne,

I'm so sorry about your baby. We are living proof of how cruel this disease can be. I know that feeling all too well that you describe.
It's a deep yearning and emptiness for what I had and was taken away from me... I hope you will continue to heal. Please read books to
help you. Books like Grieving the Child I Never Knew by Kathe Wunnenberg. Take care of yourself.

Gloria mom to Josiah 11/12/03- 12/4/03 @ 26wks pre e

houstygirl

Postby houstygirl » Mon Apr 19, 2004 03:01 pm

Physically I'm ok. The bleeding has nearly stopped and my boobs have stopped hurting and leaking. Mentally I'm a wreck. People ask me how I am and I cry, I can't help it, the tears just come out. I don't know what to do with myself half the time because I have gone from preparing my house etc for a baby to doing nothing. I have a huge feeling of "what do I do now?"

Mum to Angel baby Jonathan Douglas born still 3rd April 2004 31wks

sjs40

Postby sjs40 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 02:59 pm

Leanne
I am sorry for the loss of your son Jonathan.

I too found this forum while looking for answers re pre-eclampsia and whether my treatment was correct. I was 'lucky' enough to spend a short time with my daughter Ellie, she survived for 27 days. I will be forever grateful for that time, although the pain of her loss will be with me forever.

I can understand your need to find out more about what has happened and I am sure you will find loads of support here.

Take care
Sue

Sue (40)
Chris (37)
DD Eleanor Susan (Ellie)
born at 27wks severe PE
24 July 03 - 20 August 03

sam

Postby sam » Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:08 am

Leanne
i am so very sorry for the loss of your precious jonathan.
There are no words to say, when you have lost something so wonderful, they are just not enough.

I had a problem when my GP missed my PE/HELLP, but my OB/GYN spotted it immediately but unfortunately for me also, my son was born still.
I can understand your anger at maybe it could have been prevented/ managed better??

Hows your physical health at the moment?

Look after yourself and take care.
xxxxx

sam
London,UK
severe PE/class 1 HELLP @ 27wks
13th oct 2003
mummy to angel jake
http://www.shattered-dreams.uk.com/jakehayman.htm

kimb

Postby kimb » Sun Apr 18, 2004 09:11 pm

I am glad you have found us too. I found this site in the same way - trying to find answers to why I lost my son. I am very sorry for your loss - I wish no mother ever had to go through the pain I have ever again, unfortunately you will find there are a number of us here who have lost our little ones. Let us know anytime you need us.

Kim 35
William Michael - my angel - pe/HELLP 7/7/03

houstygirl

Unfortunately I've joined your club.....

Postby houstygirl » Sun Apr 18, 2004 08:38 pm

Hi, my name is Leanne and I'm in New Zealand. I came across this forum while trying to do some research about preeclampsia to gain more understanding of what has happened to me. 2 weeks ago I gave birth to my beautiful wee boy Jonathan after being induced. I knew he was dead and this made the whole experience that much worse. Now that it is all over I am trying to come to terms with the fact that i had all the signs of PE but neither my doctor nor my midwife picked up on it. I am so angry that it could have all been prevented. This is the worst thing that could ever happen to me. I miss my boy so much.

Mum to Angel baby Jonathan Douglas born still 3rd April 2004 31wks

Return to “Grief and Loss”