Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Arizona State Coordinator

Arizona State Coordinator

Postby jillmushet » Fri Feb 04, 2005 02:43 pm

by jillmushet (860 Posts), Fri Feb 04, 2005 02:43 pm

Hi Everyone!

I have recently stepped into the role of AZ coordinator! I live in Chandler. I found preeclampsia.org when my daughter was around a year old. I was still grappling with all of the emotions that accompany a complicated pregnancy. Finding the PF was a gift. It has helped tremendously.

My daughter turns 5 next month! Now I'm ready to be an active participant in the Preeclampsia Foundation.

Under Caryn's posting 'State Coordinator?' is more of my story and inspiration.

Please post and introduce yourself! I look forward to meeting HIP Mamas all across the Great State of Arizona.[:)]

By taking many small steps we can go a long way.

Sincerely,

Jill Mushet
Claire, 34 weeks, 3lbs,3oz, HELLP & PE
jillmushet

Re : Arizona State Coordinator

Postby atanya » Tue Jun 06, 2006 00:58 am

by atanya (31 Posts), Tue Jun 06, 2006 00:58 am

Hello,

I would like to introduce myself, my name is Atanya and I have been given the privilege of taking over as the Arizona Group Coordinator. I am sorry to see Jill (previous AGC) step down, but I am honored to take on the roll.

I became a member of PEF over a year ago, after loosing my daughter Alexis Rose.

I had never heard of this disease, until it happened to me. I felt betrayed by my doctors; at 33-weeks I went in for my weekly check up and was perfectly fine. I asked my doctors if there was anything I should be worried about, and they assured me that I was too far along to have any problems. All of my previous problems were before my 4 month mark.

The following Tuesday I went in to the ER, because I just hadn’t felt her move (usually she moved more at night, so I figured I was just sleeping harder than normal). After they were unable to find her heartbeat they did an ultra sound and discovered I had lost her due to a sudden onset of Eclampsia that caused separation of the placenta at 34 weeks. My blood pressure had skyrocketed, and they said I was on the verge of going into seizures. At this point I still had no other symptoms other than my HBP, I had never had HBP at any visit or with any other pregnancy.

After it was all said and done with Alexis, I was diagnosed with Cervical Cancer. They did a cone biopsy and had us try getting pregnant again. Within three months I was pregnant with my second son Dylan James. I stayed at home and pretty much put myself on bed rest. This pregnancy went good, with no signs of PE. At 34 weeks I started having contractions so they put me on strict bed rest and told me that at 36 weeks we would go ahead and induce.

So, five days shy of Alexis’ year (angel day) we delivered Dylan James one month premature. He was a healthy 6lbs 10 oz boy, who not only was breathing on his own, but making his presents known throughout the hospital. My doctor, bless her heart was crying as hard as we were... WHAT A BLESSING!

Three additional hospital visits and six weeks later I went in for a radical hysterectomy. My life has never been the same since.

I became aware of the PEF after my FIL sent me an article on PE, I have been hooked since then.

I have 2 beautiful sons, (Austin 12 & Dylan 13 months) and an angel (Alexis Rose 2)! Who could be luckier?
atanya

Postby jillmushet » Tue Jun 06, 2006 01:56 am

by jillmushet (860 Posts), Tue Jun 06, 2006 01:56 am

I've been very blessed to have met and worked along side many AZ PF members. I look forward to offering my help to Atanya and all who need an extra hand as we gain awareness and education of preeclampsia.

Hugs....
jillmushet

Postby caryn » Wed Jun 07, 2006 02:53 am

by caryn (10131 Posts), Wed Jun 07, 2006 02:53 am

Thank you so much for all your hard work, Jill.

Welcome to the coordinator job, Atanya!
caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby mommy1st » Mon Jun 12, 2006 02:05 pm

by mommy1st (2808 Posts), Mon Jun 12, 2006 02:05 pm

What a beautiful story Atanya, and welcome!!!
mommy1st

Postby jamilyn » Fri Jun 16, 2006 06:47 pm

by jamilyn (430 Posts), Fri Jun 16, 2006 06:47 pm

please let me know if you need help with anything. thanks for all you do and to jill for all you have done in the position.
jamilyn

Return to Arizona