Walk a Thon

Walk a Thon

Postby amdmkm » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:01 pm

Hi Jill,

I was wondering if there is a sponsor for us yet?

Also, how are all of you going about getting donations? Are you just asking? Did you type up a letter explaining it and giving that to family and friends? Just wondering.

Thanks,
Dena
amdmkm

Re : Walk a Thon

Postby jillmushet » Tue Mar 29, 2005 07:44 am

Hi Dena:

Thank you for posting. Good questions! I realize now that I have not accounced our sponsors so far.

Our wonderful sponsors:

Bashas'
Chick-Fil-A
Dial
Triple R Child Care

And more are on the way, stay tuned! If your would like to approach a business for sponsorship, please do so.

Regarding donations: Most of us are approaching family and friends to donate/walk. I recently sent our letters to out-of-state family and friends. I sent it with a WAT registration form and told them about my involvement with the PF. I have approached co-workers and neighbors also. Remember, we will be taking on-site registrations the day of the walk, so the only deadline is the actual start of the WAT!

Jill

Jill
Claire, 34wks, 3lbs 3ozs
3/3/00, PE & HELLP
jillmushet

Postby jillmushet » Tue Mar 29, 2005 08:36 am

Hi Dena:

More on asking for donations or sponsorship:

When asking a business, ask in person with WAT materials in hand, or call and follow up with a letter and WAT materials. I approached Triple R Child CAre, because I used to work there and I know the owner very well. I called her, didn't press for an immediate response, and then dropped off a letter and WAT materials later that day. In my letter to her, I asked for a specific amount of money to cover our WAT insurance. That was a Friday. I called her the following Tuesday and got her answer. Yes!

For Bashas', I went to my corner store and asked the store mananger. He immediately said yes. Again, I asked for something specific, bottled water. Same for Chick-Fil-A. Martina asked her sister-in-law for help. S-i-l works for Chick-Fil-A. She was able to secure the money for our banner. Dial came on board due to Martina's persistence. She works there and was able to secure sponsorship through one of their employee programs.

All sponsors will get their logo on our banner. This is something to mention when asking.

Ask all of your friends and family for donations. A little goes a long way. If they say no this year, they might say yes next year. This is our year to prove ourselves. Get the word out and keep at it.

The #1 way to help the WAT this year is to participate. We hope to see you there!

Again, that you for posting this subject!

Jill
Claire, 34wks, 3lbs 3ozs
3/3/00, PE & HELLP
jillmushet

Postby jillmushet » Fri Apr 01, 2005 08:22 am

We can add two more sponsors to our list!

Ace Academy Tennis
Arizona Diamondbacks

We can be thrilled with our sponsors. The Walk is as strong as it is thanks to them!!

Jill
Claire, 34wks, 3lbs 3ozs
3/3/00, PE & HELLP
jillmushet

Postby jillmushet » Sat Apr 30, 2005 07:57 am

I can't believe the walk is only a week away! When Martina and I started planning the Tempe walk, our goal was to have 20 walkers. We have now registered close to 50, and could see up to 70 walkers the day of the walk!

It's going to be lots of fun. We will have a few give-a-aways, fresh fruit, and water stations. It looks like the weather is going to be great!

I can't wait to see everyone. If you haven't registered yet, that's okay, we will have same-day registration. Come on down and bring a friend!

Preeclampsia Foundation Inaugural Walk-A-Thon
Papago Park, South Ramada
SE Corner of Curry and College
Tempe, Arizona

Jill
Claire, 34wks, 3lbs 3ozs
3/3/00, PE & HELLP
jillmushet

Postby jillmushet » Fri May 06, 2005 01:49 pm

The Walk-a-thon is tomorrow! A big thank you to everyone who has worked so hard to make this a success!

Our final list of sponsors is:

Ace Academy Tennis
Advanced Urgent Care,LLC
Arizona Diamondbacks
Assertive Asset Management, LLC
Bashas'
Chick-Fil-A
Dial
Lovitt&Touche, Insurance and Bonds
Space Concepts
Triple R Child Care

A big thank you to all of our sponsors!

Directions to the Walk:

From the 202, exit Scottsdale Rd north
The first light is Curry turn left-West-
Drive one block, this is College.
Papago Park South Ramamda is on the SW corner of College and Curry.

It's going to be a great morning!

Jill

Jill
Claire, 34wks, 3lbs 3ozs
3/3/00, PE & HELLP
jillmushet

Postby jillmushet » Sat May 07, 2005 08:48 pm

The Walk was a wonderful success! It was great crowd. We raised over $1000 today which we will add to our previous total of about $2000. This is awesome! It is just the beginning of great PF events in Arizona!

Thank you to everyone!

Jill
Claire, 34wks, 3lbs 3ozs
3/3/00, PE & HELLP
jillmushet

Postby jamilyn » Wed Feb 01, 2006 01:09 pm

any new info about the walk this year? and also do you need help with anything?
jamilyn

Postby jillmushet » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:08 pm

Hi Jamilyn:

Our 2006 WAT will take place at Steele Indian School Park in Phoenix on May 6, 2006. Members are encouraged to begin promoting the walk with family, friends, and the community.

Please begin securing sponsorships. The minimum dollar amount to be a sponsor is $250. Levels of sponsorship are TBD.

Thanks! :)
jillmushet

Return to Arizona