Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Update on Indigo

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Update on Indigo

Postby 5thtymachrm » Sun Dec 14, 2003 10:46 pm

by 5thtymachrm (909 Posts), Sun Dec 14, 2003 10:46 pm

Hello all!
Wow motherhood is exhausting! I have been battling nonstop bladder infections, mastitis, and just now getting over the flu. I thought my health would get better after the baby is born but I have been laid up for most of it. Taking care of her when your sick is really hard! Thank god for my husband[:)]

Indigo is doing wonderful! she has a renal u/s this week to check for any abnormalities because she was born with a birth defect of her right ear. We don't even know if she has an ear canal at this point or if she will ever hear out of the one ear[:(] but we are staying positive and praying all will be okay and she will only need cosmetic surgery to open the ear up. We are going to childrens hospital in January for a battery of tests and they will be able to tell us more about her condition.

Other than that she is wonderful. she eats nonstop and has made it to 6 pounds now! she is so tiny and petite just a little doll. I love her so much and still can't believe she's here. It is very surreal.

I just want to thank everyone again for all your support and help through my several trying months. I am going to try my hardest to get on here and help others, it is just so dificult to find the time right now, but I am working on it. As soon as Indy can sleep longer than two hours at a time I will be freed up a bit more.

Elizabeth
11/20/03 Indigo E. (born with no PE @ 37 weeks, 5lbs 13oz) (Pg Issues:hypertension(atenolol),hyperemesis, hypothyroidism, cancer remission, asthma, 8cm blood clot @3wks)
11/17/95 m/c @14wks
1/97 m/c @3wks
2/98 m/c @5wks
8/02 m/c @3wks
5thtymachrm

Return to Ask the Experienced