Post Reply FAQ Members Login

How did you deal with bring a new baby home?

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

Re : How did you deal with bring a new baby home?

Postby arj » Wed Jun 30, 2004 08:03 pm

by arj (1251 Posts), Wed Jun 30, 2004 08:03 pm

T-I too, like many of the other women, just cannot imagine what you must be feeling. I will say though, that my goodness, Casey is so blessed to have you. That little one has absolutely no idea how much he will be cherished, appreciated and loved. He's so blessed. Good luck with figuring out things. Much comfort and many hugs.

Allison (28)
DS-Evan, 7/19/2003. PE at 40 weeks
arj

Re : How did you deal with bring a new baby home?

Postby sweetiesuzy » Thu Jul 01, 2004 08:00 pm

by sweetiesuzy (2404 Posts), Thu Jul 01, 2004 08:00 pm

T~

There is no right or wrong way for you to be feeling right now. It is a minute by minute experience. When I was pregnant with Sam I was convinced he was going to die - but he didn't. I would lie awake rubbing my belly, praying and crying many nights. It was hard. Harder is the fact that I am having a girl this time around. Will she look just like Chloe? Chloe is my special girl... how can I love another girl? It makes me feel like the world is surreal. Yet in the same moment Chloe makes me strong.

I keep her framed pictures hanging in our home. My boys know their sister through my words. I miss her daily and have guilty feelings too. But I know that it is all normal. You are a wonderful mother and Katlyne knows that love.
Leaving the hospital with empty arms was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. To leave with Sam in my arms was one of the most wonderful things. Something I had dreamed about had finally come true.
I think the biggest thing that happened once Sam was born was that I was so in love and never let anyone hold him for a long time. Even now that he is 18 months old I cannot sleep well if he is not beside me... and I think that is the love Chloe would want us to have here on earth.

Hugs & love to you,
Suzanna

DS 3/25/95
DD 10/26/01 stillbirth
DS 12/30/02
AND ~ It's a GIRL! Laura Elise edd 8/6/04
sweetiesuzy

Previous

Return to Grief and Loss