Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Keep this Family in Your thoughts and prayers

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

Keep this Family in Your thoughts and prayers

Postby annegarrett » Sun Dec 28, 2003 11:41 am

Today I received an email from a woman whose sister died recently from eclampsia. The woman who died was Marianna. I don't know much more than that but will let you know when I do. I do not know if this is the woman from South Dakota...I hope it is not another woman as well.

Please know that more than ever--we need your help to keep our work going. If you have not already done so--please send in your donation. We are struggling to keep going financially...and as you all know too well...sadly we are very very needed. Please give what you can. I hate getting these calls and emails--but at least people have somewhere to go.

Hug your loved ones a little closer today and send a kind thought to the family of Marianna.

Anne Garrett
Executive Director
Preeclampsia Foundation
annegarrett

Re : Keep this Family in Your thoughts and prayers

Postby annegarrett » Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:09 am

Update: I spoke with the family and this is what I learned.

Marianna was 39 and had been trying unsuccessfully to get pregnant for seven years. She was over the moon with this pregnancy. She was 7 1/2 mths pregnant and had been followed as high risk (because of her age and her trouble conceiving). Her husband was at home when she seized and took her to the hospital in Phoenix. I know the doctor who treated her. He is a very fine doctor. Apparently it was an extremely bad case and she died within two weeks. Her baby--a girl--was delivered and is in NICU but they believe she suffered from extensive brain damage and do not hold much hope for her.

Her family commented to me that the website was a great help but wondered if the women who wrote the stories had any idea how lucky they were to "walk away" from this disease. I think it important that we remember that--despite our trauma and huge losses--there are woman who do not walk away. We owe it to them to spread the word and keep this work going. We owe it to our children. We owe it to ourselves.

This is the third woman that I know of that we have lost this month. If you are pregnant--do not take any chances with your care--be sure to go in if there is something that doesn't feel right.

Please remember her by being strong about your care and insisting you get fully checked every time you go. Our hearts go out to this family, especially during this holiday season. If you wish to contribute in memory of Marianna or another woman who has died from preeclampsia or eclampsia--please click on our homepage Donate button and follow the links.

Take good care--

Anne Garrett
Executive Director
Preeclampsia Foundation
annegarrett

Postby e_wesling » Thu Jan 22, 2004 08:39 pm

This is Marianna's other sister who wanted to let all know that this website is so helpful in dealing with this tradgedy. I hope to God everyday that something useful will come out of this situation - perhaps each of us enjoying everyday or taking that extra precaution to ensure our health. I wish each of you a very, happy healthy every day - live it to the fullest and thank you to all memebers of this organization for your continued support!
e_wesling

Postby kim » Fri Jan 23, 2004 06:01 am

Hi E Wesling,

If you or your family need ANYTHING, please let me know. I am so sorry for your tragic loss. It just isn't comprehensible.
Take care,

Kim Schwintz
Texas Chapter President

Ainsley Kathryn 11/26/02-36 Weeks Preeclampsia
http://home.austin.rr.com/schwintz
kim

Return to Grief and Loss