Post Reply FAQ Members Login

england

Residents outside of USA and Canada

Re : england

Postby princess_weezy » Thu Jun 10, 2004 08:13 am

by princess_weezy (13 Posts), Thu Jun 10, 2004 08:13 am

awwwwww how lovely Danielle, I am pleased it went well today, i am sure that they will take great care of you and your precious cargo :) 11 weeks tomorrow yippee for you. I cant wait to have my 1st scan, its such a precious time. I have been feeling really very tired today, nausea and fainty, the joys of pregnancy lol. Well much love and chat soon xoxoxox

Louise 28
Dave 32
Joshua 6 - 32 weeks 3lb 10.5
Lost his twin
Miscarriage in 1994
princess_weezy

Postby sam » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:28 am

by sam (442 Posts), Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:28 am

Hi danielle
i am from London, and i am also a member of the other site you checked out in england.
I just wanted to say many Congrats on this pregnancy to you and your partner, i understand how scared you must both be. Stay strong and positive (i know easier said than done!!)and feel free to share all your concerns/worries, good news!! and questions, people here are glad to help in any way they can. It is so nice to have the empathy of women (and men!!) who have gone through the dreaded PE journey.

As gloria said Both sites are great, and all us brit girls get together in the chat room on the uk site to waffle, and share every wednesday and sunday nights from 8pm GMT, if you ever wanted to pop in and chat, but you will need to register before you can get into chat. Look forward to hearing from you and reading your posts.
If you wanted to email me privately you are more than welcome, it's samhayman72@yahoo.co.uk

Take care and best wishes to you and yours

sam
London,UK
severe PE/class 1 HELLP @ 27wks
13th oct 2003
mummy to angel jake
http://www.shattered-dreams.uk.com/jakehayman.htm
sam

Postby gaby » Wed Apr 06, 2005 03:49 am

by gaby (4 Posts), Wed Apr 06, 2005 03:49 am

Hi

I am from Essex in England and I had pre E when I had my daughter 4 1/2 yrs ago @ 32 wks. she's very healthy. Just found out I'm 4 wks pregpregnant and really scared but I believe God is in control

Me - 31
Hubby - 33
4 1/2 yr old daughter born at 32 wks. weighed 3lbs @ birth.
Now 4 wks pregnant but scared.
gaby

Postby helenw » Mon Apr 25, 2005 08:18 am

by helenw (11 Posts), Mon Apr 25, 2005 08:18 am

Hi Gaby, I am from Essex also, which hospital are you going too? Where abouts in essex are you? I am in Colchester. If you want to chat you can email me if you like, at helen@pre-eclampsia.co.uk I am wishing you all the very best for this pregnancy

Danielle, are you still are on the forum, I was wondering how your pregnancy went?

Helen [:)]

[url]www.pre-eclampsia.co.uk[/url]

helenw

Postby gaby » Tue Apr 26, 2005 06:23 am

by gaby (4 Posts), Tue Apr 26, 2005 06:23 am

Helen

Hi. I'm in Barking Essex and I'll be going to King George Hospital in Goodmayes. Thats where I had my daughter and the care there was excellent.

Me - 31
Hubby - 33
4 1/2 yr old daughter born at 32 wks. weighed 3lbs @ birth.
Now 4 wks pregnant but scared.
gaby

Postby helenw » Tue Apr 26, 2005 06:39 am

by helenw (11 Posts), Tue Apr 26, 2005 06:39 am

Gaby, I am glad you are getting good care. Did you ever have an appointment with one of APEC's recomended docs? There are several In London, so not to far from you. I saw one, Professor S***
at Queen Charlotte’s Hospital in Hammersmith, and it was well worth it. Details can be found here [url]http://www.apec.org.uk/subexperts.htm[/url]

Good luck!

helenw

Postby helenw » Tue Apr 26, 2005 06:40 am

by helenw (11 Posts), Tue Apr 26, 2005 06:40 am

Gaby, I am glad you are getting good care. Did you ever have an appointment with one of APEC's recomended docs? There are several In London, so not to far from you. I saw one, Professor S****
at Queen Charlotte’s Hospital in Hammersmith, and it was well worth it. Details can be found here [url]http://www.apec.org.uk/subexperts.htm[/url]

Good luck!

helenw

Postby denise » Tue Apr 26, 2005 01:12 pm

by denise (5480 Posts), Tue Apr 26, 2005 01:12 pm

Gaby, may I suggest that you look at the Pregnant Again forum:
http://www.preeclampsia.org/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=14 There are women who are going through the same worries and feelings that you may be experiencing. Congrats on this pregnancy.

-------
Denise (29) Co-coordinator for WI
Jason (32)
Ariana (23 months)5/3/03-just shy of 35 weeks: Class 1 HELLP
http://hometown.aol.com/oneyodafan/DeniseHomePage.htm
denise

Postby helenw » Tue Apr 26, 2005 01:35 pm

by helenw (11 Posts), Tue Apr 26, 2005 01:35 pm

Hi can someone please tell me why the professor's name was edited out of my post? I wasn't saying anything against him, competely the oposite. I was recomending him. He is a leader in his field here in the UK. I am only trying to help here. And that just seems a little too moderated. I think the women on my own PE support group are glad I don't watch every single word they say, for fear of saying the wrong thing. I could understand maybe if I was saying he was no good, but I wasn't!! Come on!!! I had hoped to get involved here as I hope to move to the US and carry on the work I do for PE, but maybe the PF isn't as open and supportive as I had hoped?

Helen

www.pre-eclampsia.co.uk
helenw

Postby laura » Tue Apr 26, 2005 01:45 pm

by laura (5139 Posts), Tue Apr 26, 2005 01:45 pm

Hi Helen, thanks for your concern! That policy evolved because many of us had seen the same doctor- also a professor and expert in the field- and we heard complaints and concerns expressed that the PF was "promoting" that doctor when we discussed him or his practice-- when we can't promote any doctor-- particularly when the said doctor would have to report our discussions to the IRS as free advertising! LOL!

I'm not familar with how the English medical system works, but the docs over here can be downright competitive! That, and for legal liabilty reasons, we can't allow names to be bandied about- in either a positive or negative light, and we encourage members to contact each other with this information by email.

Laura
Webmaster/Forum Administrator
AK Area Coordinator

Alicia (severe PE) 5/98 ~ Camille (htn, oligo) 4/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/c/camilleandallie/
laura

PreviousNext

Return to International