Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Updates please!

Updates please!

Postby hannahsmom » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:54 am

by hannahsmom (1141 Posts), Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:54 am

Hi, ladies! Just wondering what everyone is up to! Could we get updates on you and your families?

I'll start -
I'm currently working as a freelance writer out of my house and am writing for two local newspapers, and I even got to write an article for Preemie Magazine! I am not making much money, so I have applied for a full time job working as an academic advisor for a university. It's got great benefits, something we need right now! I will still do some writing on the side, though.
Hannah is in the voluntary pre-k program through the state of Florida. It is three hours a day, five days a week. She hates it because "the work is too hard." Wait til she starts kindergarten in the fall! She is doing very well and is in the 50th percentile for weight and 75th percentile for height! Not too bad for a one-pounder! The funny thing is that she's as tall, if not taller, than all the kids in the class! She is still battling some sensory integration issues, but we can live with that!
Josh (hubby) is working at Longhorn Steakhouse and is in the management program. He injured his back at a different job a year and a half ago and is still in terrible pain. He needs surgery. The workman's comp company wants to settle, and while a large chunk of money would be nice, I don't think it would cover his surgery and missed time from work, physical therapy, etc. So we will see.
My brother in law just got home from Iraq yesterday (praise the Lord!) and my brother, who was flying jets over there when the war first started, probably does not have to go back anytime soon. So.. things are good here, and I feel blessed everyday to have my beautiful baby and to be alive. I am also blessed to have made friends who can relate to the horrors of preeclampsia.
hannahsmom

Re : Updates please!

Postby tinalowe » Mon Mar 20, 2006 06:07 pm

by tinalowe (288 Posts), Mon Mar 20, 2006 06:07 pm

Oh, I am so glad to hear that Hannah is doing so well. I do hope everything works out for your husband.

Dereck and I are going to start trying again in the fall. I started trying as soon as the doctor says I was physically able to (wow, that has been almost two years), but decided that emotionally I wasn't ready. We are in the process of getting a new house, so I want everything with that settled before we try.
tinalowe

Re : Updates please!

Postby hannahsmom » Mon Mar 20, 2006 07:02 pm

by hannahsmom (1141 Posts), Mon Mar 20, 2006 07:02 pm

Tina,

Congrats on the new house! I'm also happy for you that you were able to make a decision on trying again in the fall. It's sounds like a smart idea to be settled first! Thanks for replying. I've been wondering what everyone has been up to!
hannahsmom

Return to Alabama